Printer Driver Problems - Page 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Printer Driver Problems

These seem to be messages generated by Vista, rather than Epson errors... correct?

So it would seem that you haven't installed the drivers correctly.

Broadly, you need to install the drivers WITHOUT the printer connected to the usb port, and then when the software asks you to connect the printer, you do so and make sure the printer is powered on a ready (online). The software will then detect the printer. If it doesn't, it won't work, despite the fact that Epson (unhelpfully) adds the printer anyway and finishes the installation.

So uninstall what you have. Remove the printer from the usb port. REstart the machine.

Install the software and connect the printer ONLY when the software requests you do so. Does the software actually find the printer?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I understand what you mean as this is what happened before.

When I installed the driver I did only plug in the printer when prompted and not before. It took some time to configure the port, during which time it stopped and told me to check the connections and reconnect, it then went onto select LPT1: as the port.
    I ahve now done this twice, after unistalling, and each time this port was selected but only after this prompt in between saying it was having trouble finding the printer. Without doing it again I cant tell you the exact message so Im hoping you'll know whta i mean.

Then it can't find the printer on the usb connection - setting it to lpt1 is the "I give up and I will put it here" option.

So, something is up with your usb ports, the cable, the printer, etc.

So, do you have other usb devices and do they work?
    Do you have an picture cds from Jessops or whatever that predate Vista?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Hi thanks so much,

I have other USB devices such as cordless mouse, external portable hard drive, usb pen, all recently used and work fine. I dont have a photo cd i dont think, why? I have the original epson cd if that helps at all.

I found that older photo cds contained software that screwed over the printer drivers. No amount of reinstalling the printer worked until that software was removed and the system files that it replaced where removed and reinstalled with the correct versions.

So have you installed anything since you moved the printer that might have that effect? Remembering that a photo cd is not obviously connected to printing....

I assume you have tried different usb ports when installing? Or do you always plug it in the same ones?

While this article is not strictly for your problem, it will allow you to remove the printer entries in the registry.... but make a back up FIRST!

Then it's a question of using the search to find files that have been left behind by the Epson installer. This takes a bit of guess work, because Vista includes a bunch of vista drivers anyway. You can look at the files for date installed and check they are epson files by looking at the properties.

If the printer is in warranty you can call Epson and they might be able to give you specific help for your model.

hey thanks i will try those things, and thanks for your emai.
    I have spoken to epson several times during this process and the operators now tell me it is beyond their knowledge.

I dont have any experience of the other things you've written about thus far but will try to get my head aroung it.
    Thanks again.

you might want to try using system restore - it should roll back to when it worked if you have a suitable restore point already set.

Which country are you in?

Hey im in the UK
    I will try system restore...currently writing my dissertation so dont have much time to get my head round things!
    Thanks

good luck with the dissertation!!

Talking driver for UMAX ASTRA 4100.UAF printer

Quote Originally Posted by iliana View Post
    i need help with my printer
    I want printer driver to run my UMAX ASTRA 4100 Printer

Iwant driver for my U Max Astra 4100 printer ,I am running XP OS on my computer,I am not any drivers for this printer in WIN XP.

Infoprint 1512 Driver

Hello,

Does anyone have an updated driver for the IBM infoprint for Windows 7?

gman6981 - If they aren't here I don't then know;

http://www-01.ibm.com/support/search...1*&dc=D400&dtm

Quote Originally Posted by gman6981 View Post
    Hello,

Does anyone have an updated driver for the IBM infoprint for Windows 7?
    Welcome to Windrivers gman6981

The drivers are available at CCT's link - the page loads in terribly tiny type so use view zoom 200% or greater to see what you are doing.

Scroll down to the ftp link, agree to the terms and then it will download.