[RESOLVED] Shuttle Hot 591P

Thread: [RESOLVED] Shuttle Hot 591P

jeffsr

Exclamation Shuttle Hot 591P

Anyone have any experience, comments with this board? will be using win 98 sp-1.
    Thanks

------------------
    Jeff Lawrence

Thumbs up

i have used quite a few of these board and i was quite pleased with them,glitch free and stable with up to 550amd k6,2they may not be the fastest but they are steady,my 2cents
    clauded

jeffsr

Thanks, thats what I was hoping to hear.

------------------
    Jeff Lawrence

Silverman

I was using a 591P up until I made the switch to Slot A. As mentioned above A very sound and stable board. My only problem with mine was using longer PCI cards such as voodoo 2's.

sage19

The 591p is a pretty good board, but you do have to watch the size of you PCI and AGP cards, especially when a longer AGP is paired with a large HSF.
    Example, when I was using this board I put a ATI Rage Fury Maxx into it, and the second fan of the RFM actually touched my HSF. Made a rather annoying noise...
    The board is also rather compact so using a slightly larger case than a Baby AT might give you a little more breathing room...

jeffsr

Got the K6-2 550 installed and running. Easy to set up. Only glitch is using the Aims VideoHighwat Xtreme98. Doesn't live peacefully with the ATI Rage Pro AGP. Oh well, I'll just keep poking at it until it works. Otherwise a solid easy setup.

------------------
    Jeff Lawrence