[RESOLVED] BIOS upgrade for unsupported mobo?

Thread: [RESOLVED] BIOS upgrade for unsupported mobo?

jpetz

Post BIOS upgrade for unsupported mobo?

I recently purchased a mobo off EBay that was advertised as an INTEL P133. After installing it and noticing a freeze-up problem, I looked up the Award BIOS code at boot and the board is not INTEL, its made by some 3rd rate outfit called Fugutech.

The website for Fugutech Enterprise Co is down (no surprise) so no help there. So I'm hoping the users of WinDrivers forum can bail me out.

The freeze-up problem with this mobo usually happens during some mouse related activity. The screen stays frozen at the last frame but the system will no longer respond to Mouse/keyboard. A hw reset restores the system to working condition.

The system has a fresh install of Win95 on a 1.6GB HDD and was then upgraded to Win98. The freeze-up problem was seen under both OS/s.

I think the BIOS could use an upgrade if I can find one for this mobo.

Any ideas anyone?

Thanks,

John Petz

Sounds like a bad mouse port - what are you using? (ps2 or serial). If it is a ps2 mouse try using a serial mouse. If you are using a serial mouse, change the second com port and see if the problem clears up.

shawnMt

And I can tell you I used to work for a company that used these boards - they are junk. Doubt you will find a bios flash for that board. The chipset BTW should be Intel.

------------------
    Paint your old laptop!

Cool

My 2 cents worth. I used to replace my mouse every 6 months or so using the "least cost" mouse. Went to a Logitech and am going on 2 years of service. A mouse is fairly inexpensive piece of hardware to replace and as I've heard many times good hardware = stable system.
    Computers follow your orders, not your intentions.

A P133?? - Hope you didn't pay more than $50.00 for it...

Try going to a reputable dealer in your area and buying something more up-to-date.

------------------
    MadDog
    This space for rent.