News
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: News

News

Not easy to recap almost a year in one post, and I've been know to drag on and on for the longest of them, so I'll be brief here.

I'm working as a network manager for a consultancy firm 20 min. away from my place which just opened up a second storefront and is hiring like mad.

My wife's health is stable and her doctor is now wondering if she ever had Lupus in the first place.

My son entered high school in September, my daughter is 9 going on 18 fast. I've started looking at rifles.

Most of my free time is spent on my favorite MMORPG, City of Heroes, and managing a website for the supergroup (guild or clan) that some will remember a few old school WD members started way back. I also still lead a youth group and have switched my learning time to IT certs for this year.

Soooooo... what did I miss?
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Laptops/Notebooks/PDA Mod 3fingersalute's Avatar
    nice to see you again adept. for a man who mastered the art of saying virtually nothing over and over again (wotpp), that post sure summed things up nicely.

you haven't missed a ton here, the usual little spats and some techie talk, that's about it.

Hail and well met, Adept-one! Gratz on all the good news, especially on the Lupus remission/disappearance!

Having only had boys to raise, I can only suggest electrified fences and cattle prods to deal with your daughter's "suitors". It doesn't seem possible they can grow up so quickly. Best of everything to you and your family!
    I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet.

Wow. I said I missed you and you appeared. I really am a Genie !!!
    "Don't be so humble - you are not that great." - Golda Meir

Quote Originally Posted by edball
    Wow. I said I missed you and you appeared. I really am a Genie !!!
    I know. That's pretty cool, isn't it.

Oh yeah: GREAT to 'see' you a d e p t!!!! And gratz on the new job.

Laptops/Notebooks/PDA Mod 3fingersalute's Avatar
    Here ya go adept, I use this application anytime a fellow wishes to date my daughter:

APPLICATION FOR PERMISSION TO DATE MY DAUGHTER

NOTE: THIS APPLICATION WILL BE INCOMPLETE AND REJECTED UNLESS
    ACCOMPANIED BY A COMPLETE FINANCIAL STATEMENT, WORK HISTORY, LINEAGE, AND CURRENT MEDICAL REPORT FROM YOUR DOCTOR.

1. NAME_________________________________ DATE OF BIRTH___/___/___

2.HEIGHT__________________WEIGHT___________IQ_____ _GPA_______

3. SOCIAL SECURITY#______________DRIVERS LIC#_______________

4. BOY SCOUT RANK___________________________

5. HOME ADDRESS_____________ CITY/STATE____________ ZIP_______

6. DO YOU HAVE ONE MALE AND ONE FEMALE PARENT?_______________
    IF NO, PLEASE EXPLAIN___________________________________

7. NUMBER OF YEARS PARENTS MARRIED?____________________

8. DO YOU OWN A VAN?________ MOTORCYCLE?______ TRUCK WITH OVERSIZED TIRES?________ WATERBED?________

DO YOU HAVE AN EARRING?____NOSE RING?____BELLY BUTTON RING?__

9. IN 50 WORDS OR LESS, WHAT DOES "DON'T TOUCH MY DAUGHTER" MEAN TO YOU?

10. IN 50 WORDS OR LESS, WHAT DOES "LATE" MEAN TO YOU?

11. IN 50 WORDS OR LESS, WHAT DOES "ABSTINENCE" MEAN TO YOU?

12. WHAT CHURCH DO YOU ATTEND?________________________

13. WHEN WOULD BE THE BEST TIME TO INTERVIEW YOUR FATHER?________ MOTHER?__________ PRIEST?__________

14. ANSWER BY FILLING IN THE BLANK. PLEASE ANSWER FREELY, ALL ANSWERS ARE CONFIDENTIAL (THAT MEANS I WON'T TELL ANYONE).

A. IF I WERE SHOT, THE LAST PLACE ON MY BODY I WOULD WANT WOUNDED IS THE ________________

B. IF I WERE BEATEN, THE LAST PLACE I WOULD WANT BROKEN IS MY_____________

C. A WOMAN'S PLACE IS IN THE ______________

D. THE ONE THING I HOPE THIS APPLICATION DOESN'T ASK IS _________

E. WHEN I FIRST MEET A GIRL, THE THING I NOTICE FIRST IS HER________
    (NOTE: IF THE ANSWERS STARTS WITH A 'T' OR AN 'A', DISCONTINUE APPLICATION AND LEAVE PREMISES. KEEPING LOW AND RUNNING IN A SERPENTINE FASHION IS ADVISED.)

15. WHAT DO YOU WANT TO BE IF YOU GROW UP?________________

I SWEAR THAT ALL OF THE INFORMATION SUPPLIED ABOVE IS TRUE AND CORRECT TO THE BEST OF MY KNOWLEDGE UNDER PENALTY OF DEATH, DISMEMBERMENT, NATIVE AMERICAN ANT TORTURE, CRUCIFIXION, ELECTROCUTION, CHINESE WATER TORTURE, RED HOT POKERS, AND HILLARY CLINTON KISS TORTURE.

THANK YOU FOR YOUR INTEREST. PLEASE ALLOW FOUR TO SIX YEARS FOR PROCESSING. YOU WILL BE NOTIFIED IN WRITING IF YOU ARE APPROVED.

PLEASE DO NOT CALL OR WRITE (AS THIS WILL CAUSE BODILY INJURY).

Copied and pasted.

Thanks.
    Human beings, who are almost unique in having the ability to learn from the experience of others, are also remarkable for their apparent disinclination to do so. -Douglas Adams

Good to see you again adept (also earlier today), hope you find some time to drop by more often

Hey Adept nice to see you.... nice to catch up.... sounds like your year was much better than mine.... search my posts in the lounge if you are interested...
    Don't hate me because I'm a US citizen!

Quote Originally Posted by Shard92
    Hey Adept nice to see you.... nice to catch up.... sounds like your year was much better than mine.... search my posts in the lounge if you are interested...

I'm almost afraid to... just saw the one about your sis in law.

hi there! nice to see all is going well.
    Dyslexics of the world..UNTIE!

Loved the form 3Finger! My daughters are 7 and 10, and we have done Sex Ed 101 with them, so most of the basics (well, actually some more advanced concepts have been covered) but they can still surprise us. My 7 year old recently said, "Mom, I understand sex, but what does it really feel like?" Needless to say Mom wasn't quite prepared.

Adept! Nice to hear things are well! But you really need to rethink that rifle purchase. To be really intimidating, you need to make the threat of imminent violence up close and personal. A knife is really good, but I don't know your age and fitness level. You may not really want to go mano a mano with some teen-age linebacker. This is my personal recommendation as an attention getter: http://www.magnumresearch.com/Expand...Code=DE50TG-TS

You might want to invite the prospective boyfriend over for a family viewing of "Dirty Harry" and then explain to him that a .44 automag used to be the world's most powerful handgun but you have a really swell .50 caliber automag that will blow head-size holes in Stryker AFVs. Let him look down the bore and handle a cartridge. When you handle the weapon, twitch and mutter phrases like, "Damn Gooks! Kill'em! Kill'em ALL! EAT THAT CHARLIE!!"

Of course, as a backup, you have (I hope) saved your daughter's most embarrasing childhood photos. Gotta have a spare string for your bow.

I like the way you think, and I like bladed weapons. The feeling when... but I digress.

I'm 6 feet tall and weigh 225 (lost a few from thinking real hard about exercizing) and grew up with 4 brothers. Got involved in some real nasty stuff growing up that I outlined in these boards a while back.

Heck, I scare my own family just by being grumpy in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by a d e p t
    I'm 6 feet tall and weigh 225 (lost a few from thinking real hard about exercizing) and grew up with 4 brothers. Got involved in some real nasty stuff growing up that I outlined in these boards a while back.
    Geez, I aint fighting it til I hear it talk!!!

Welcome back 'dept Glad to have you back on board.......

John
    Now where did I leave my Lump Hammer?

"I thought I was wrong once" - "But I was wrong"