To all,

Recently, I decided to broadcast a radio station with a bunch of my friends. We all decided that not only would we do it live through Shoutcast, but we would also like to record sessions and possibly Podcast them. Anyway, to the point:
Basically, I would like to be able to plug in multiple headsets into my computer. Ideally, we would like to have three or more, but we can always start out with just 2 to be simple. Anyway, the idea is that we would be able to record from both headsets and also listen from both headsets. These headsets have jacks, not USB, so they have two jacks on the end of the cord: one mic jack and one sound jack. After rummaging through my piles of random computer stuff, I found a sound card and installed in into the computer, loaded drivers, etc. But now, I'm not quite sure where to go. It seems that I can't get both sound cards to be active at the same time. When I talk into the mic on headset A which is plugged entirely into one sound card, I can only hear what I'm saying on headset A. The same goes for headset B. Is there some way to cross-connect the two sound cards so they can listen from each other, or is there some sort of driver or software to do this? Or, would it be easier to find a microphone and sound jack splitter that would allow me to plug two mics and two speakers into only one actual mic/sound jack?

Thanks for your help and advice,
-Mike