Nvidia5200 dual monitor and mouse problem

Thread: Nvidia5200 dual monitor and mouse problem

Red face Nvidia5200 dual monitor and mouse problem

Hope question is not too repetitious. I have a FX 5200 dual monitor graphics card. My older 17" monitor is in landscape mode and set to a resolution of 800x600, my newer monitor is in portrait mode and set to a resolution of 1050x1680 in dualview mode. When I move my mouse from the newer portrait monitor to the older landscape monitor it cannot move across except if I move it in the top of the screen it "gets stuck" if it is moved in the lower half of the screen. How do I enable the mouse to move smoothly from one monitor to the other? I have downloaded latest drivers from nvidia

Welcome to WinDrivers, alensus.

If by "gets stuck" in the lower portion of the screen you mean the pointer halts at the edge of the portrait screen, whereas higher up it would move across to the landscape screen, it sounds to me like it's because there is simply no corresponding window location on the 800x600 display for it to move to.

If this is not what you're describing, someone else may have a better idea, or perhaps you could correct what I'm thinking?

It gets stuck because the resolutions and orientation of the monitors is different. If you want smooth transition both monitors need to be at the same resolution.
    At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer, you will find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it on the computer.
    http://www.facebook.com/BlueLightningTechnicalServices

Yes, thats whats happening, but I thought with monitor in dual view there would be some sort of software or button that would prevent this from happening, or give the user an option, that is to automatically shift the mouse onto the second monitor if it "went over the edge" of one monitor - If there isnt Ill just deal with it!

Actually I am not sure there is and it may depend on the driver version. I just know that you can adjust the position of the monitors in Display properties to simulate their visual position to you. For example if one monitor sits higher than the other.
    At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer, you will find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it on the computer.
    http://www.facebook.com/BlueLightningTechnicalServices