I recently purchased a new Dell E510 and want to move files from my old Dell XPS T450 to the E510. I purchased a SanDisk Cruzer Mini USB flash drive for this purpose. The literature that came with the flash drive says it's backward compatible to USB1.1. When I slide the flash drive into a USB slot of the T450 and bring up My Computer, the system sees the SanDisk drive. But when I try to send a file to that drive, it doesn't show up as an option on the Send To menu. I am wondering if I have USB1.0 on the old Dell. When I check the release history of USB I see that 1.1 was released in Sept of 1998. My old Dell was built in May of 1999. So it seems possible, at least, that I have 1.1. Is there some way to check this? When I look at the hardware list for the T450 it says I have an Intel 82371 AB/EB PCI to USB Universal Host Controller. Does that indicate the USB level? Also, I thought all USB levels are backward compatible so even if I have 1.0 it should work (however slowly) with the flash drive.

Is this USB issue the reason I can't save off my old files? If not, what do I need to do move files from the old system to the new one.