Dell Axim/Win2000 Interface Driver

Thread: Dell Axim/Win2000 Interface Driver

Dell Axim/Win2000 Interface Driver

Greetings! My new boss has asked me to work to get her Dell Axim X50v to interface with her Windows2000 computer here at work, and she indicates she cant find the original software CD that came with the Dell product. A search of Dell drivers shows no interface software listed. I assume that it means Win2000 will see the item as a plug and play item when I plug in the USB cord of the cradle and help set up whatever driver it needs. I hate the word, assume. So, after some fruitless searching online, I thought I would try this forum. Please excuse me if I am using the wrong catagory. I think of the Axim as an input/output device, and our key desire in interfacing is to share info between the device and MS Outlook. Thanks for your help.

Tom Oxley

Registered User MobilePCPhysician's Avatar
    I have a Dell Axim x51. It does require software to interact with Outlook. You would need to contact Dell and get a cd from them, or go here:

http://support.dell.com/support/downloads/index.aspx? Enter the Operating system and get the downloads that way.
    Sergeant WOTPP

Thanks. I went to Dell, but without paperwork or things, I couldnt get anything out of them. I checked C/Net downloads and found ActiveSync software as a free download. So far, it seems to be working fine, so if others end up with a similar problem, you might check that out. Good to be able to have the new boss walk in and have her computer set up to talk to her PDA without bugging her for paperwork or software that she cant find after her move.

Tom