DOH!!

Thread: DOH!!

Post DOH!!

I'm working on HP Vectra 515 Pent. 133...installing a pci Idema 3d card (4mb) in a customers machine at my home. I put the card in the machine and my twins beg me to come outside and play catch. Couple hours later I come back to the machine, plug the monitor into the new card, instaed of the on board and turn it on. Yeah baby...veeery good. I have taken out the cmos battery and left it out for a day hoping the cmos would default, but nooooooo. Any ideas about how to get out of this one :0

Exclamation

Go here to download the HP Vectra 500 Series PC, Model 515 - Hardware and Bios Technical Reference Manual.

Also:

"How do I reset the BIOS settings to their original values?

This can be done in two ways:

1) Enter the BIOS setup menu by pressing F2 during startup. In the menu, press F9 to load the factory settings.

2) Use the switch or jumper on the system board to clear CMOS and restore the original values."

It sounds like you already tried step 2...you might try doing step 1.

One more thing: A lot of motherboards with onboard video will detect the new added video card and will automatically disable the onboard video. To enable the onboard video, make sure you have removed the added video card.

Hope this helps you out...Good Luck!
    Don
    I'm good enough.
    I'm smart enough.
    And doggone it,
    People like me!

Thanks Don. I had tried your suggestions before I posted and also went to the HP site only to get errors trying to download the pdf manual. If you can download it please e-mail me [email protected] Thanks a million.

I still can't get this HP to work. I have no video at all, so manually changing the bios is out, and it's the same wether I have the new vid card in or out!! If someone can get the manual at http://www.vectra500.support.hp.com/...003en.pdf.html
    would you e-mail it to me? All I get is errors trying to download it If it's not just me, I'll e-mail HP support and see if they can help.
    Thanks... [email protected]