As happened to me last year when I booted with a drive disconnected from my RAID 0 and "lost" everything, it happened again.

Now I have to ask firstly why are RAID controllers made so that if you accidentally boot with a drive disconnected you loose everything? Is it really that hard to program them to re-recognize a drive? I shouldn't have to loose my entire PC because I booted with a drive accidentally unplugged.

Secondly, what sort of moron invented SATA plugs? I absolutely can't stand them, they just slide in and can be unplugged by a speck of dust falling on them, tjey should "snap" in and not just loosely slide onto the connector, which is why my above problem happened both times, just moving the PC is enough for all SATA plugs to just fall out.

Because of this, I'm forgetting about RAID, unless I go back to properly fitting IDE connectors and drives, I don't care if my PC is half the speed it was I can't keep loosing everything due to ridiculous SATA plugs and poorly programmed RAID controllers which make RAID far more trouble than is worth.

At least it was reliable back in the good old IDE days, but not anymore.