Panasonic Toughbook CF-28 Lan Driver

Thread: Panasonic Toughbook CF-28 Lan Driver

Panasonic Toughbook CF-28 Lan Driver

Hello, I am in desperate need of the Network adpater Drivers for the Panasonic CF 28. I have the wi-fi drivers, but need the actual rj-45 lan card type. ( )

I have called Panasonic tech support, and they can not only give me the drivers for it, but are unable to even tell me the brand and model name for it.

Short of me taking it apart and trying to find out what it is myself, I am turning here for some help.

Does anyone have any clue as to what it is and where I can get an XP compatible driver for it?

(BTW I have tried the INtel Pro 100 drivers, from panasonic, and also from the INTEL website. With regard to these drivers I have tried in every concievable way to point the device to these drivers (setup, device manager, etc.).

Laptops/Notebooks/PDA Mod 3fingersalute's Avatar
    Is it actually integrated, or is it one of the combo PCMCIA cards?

Try downloading Everest and running it, see if it reports anything on the ethernet chipset.
    Last edited by 3fingersalute; June 8th, 2006 at 12:24 PM.

it is intergrated

Hello it is integrated. The wifi is a PC card.

I can't hunt down one for XP...have you tried the Win 2k or NT drivers from panasonics site?

http://tcc.toughbook.com/

Yeah i have tried every possible driver from panasonic. They all don't work.

Now I'm just at the point were I need the brand name of the lan card and model name.

Seems to be the only way I'm going to be able to track down a driver.

Quote Originally Posted by 2disbetter
    Yeah i have tried every possible driver from panasonic. They all don't work.

Now I'm just at the point were I need the brand name of the lan card and model name.

Seems to be the only way I'm going to be able to track down a driver.
    Have you tried everest like I suggested?

I'm sorry you must have edited it, I didn't think to re-read it. I'm trying it now. I'll get back with ya. Thanks!

Edit: Ok I fired it up on it, but the problem is doesn't report info on uninstalled devices. This means the program is actually getting all its information from what the drivers of devices are saying. That would render this program inable to report the make and model name of the network card as I don't have drivers for it. It was worth a shot though.

Any other ideas?
    Last edited by 2disbetter; June 9th, 2006 at 08:09 AM.

Bah - I thought it would at least give you a chipset, but then again, its been quite a while since I've actually used that program.

We have 3 different CF-28 Toughbooks here on base, all with different configs. We have one with a white keyboard with black lettering, and two with black keyboards with one having grey letters and one with white lettering. They all use different images. I found this E-mail addy or call 1-800-laptops. Hope this helps!
    " I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz

Hi, I'm actually at Andrews AFB myself. We have the CF-28 with the off white keys and black lettering.

Do you think it would be possible for us to arrange getting one of your images. (I am assuming you are military).

Thanks in advance.

Go here: http://tinyurl.com/ryqsc and scroll down a bit. Some info may be useful.

Sorry, our images contain all of our proprietary stuff, they won't work on your Base. I am trying to get our configuration manager to let me know which chipset yours is, but he is a bit busy right now, will try again after lunch. By the way,Nice find, CCT!
    " I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz

CF-28 Drivers

Thanks for the response. I'd award it 3 Necroposts. Amazing what happens when you take a Sabbatical!