practika dcz 6vr
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: practika dcz 6vr

Unhappy practika dcz 6vr

hi can anyone help me please!!
    i'm trying to connect the camera to the computer to download pics, i have put all the programmes and stuff that came with it on to the comp fine but when i try and get the pics, i get a failed to connect to camera message. I'm operating with windows xp if that helps
    thanks
    sarah

Quote Originally Posted by crazy-sarah
    i'm trying to connect the camera to the computer to download pics, i have put all the programmes and stuff that came with it on to the comp fine but when i try and get the pics, i get a failed to connect to camera message. I'm operating with windows xp if that helps
    thanks
    sarah

ive just brought one of these cameras too. to get ure pics on ure pc, open the shutter so the camera is on, then turn the 'mode' knob to 'pc' and there are two options on ure lcd. mass storage and pc camera. go to mass storage and press the select button ( the button with the square on in between the arrows) u shud see a symbol flashing at the bottom of the lcd now. now connect the camera to ure pc using the usb cable. the lcd on ure camera shud now turn off and windows shud open a folder called 'removable disc'. in this folder u can now select how to view ure pictures.

NOW i need help. i cant get this camera to work as a webcam on my pc, im using windows xp and msn messenger says it cannot detect a camera!! can anyone help???

thanks
    sarah
    Sorry crazy Sarah - I've just bought one of these but haven't received it yet - is it any good? Promise to help when I get mine!
    Thanks
    Ant

Quote Originally Posted by steveouk
    ive just brought one of these cameras too. to get ure pics on ure pc, open the shutter so the camera is on, then turn the 'mode' knob to 'pc' and there are two options on ure lcd. mass storage and pc camera. go to mass storage and press the select button ( the button with the square on in between the arrows) u shud see a symbol flashing at the bottom of the lcd now. now connect the camera to ure pc using the usb cable. the lcd on ure camera shud now turn off and windows shud open a folder called 'removable disc'. in this folder u can now select how to view ure pictures.

NOW i need help. i cant get this camera to work as a webcam on my pc, im using windows xp and msn messenger says it cannot detect a camera!! can anyone help???
    Steveo - what's the camera like? Is the quality any good? Just bought one but not got it yet!
    Ant

Welcome to Windrivers Sarah, Steve and L7

Practika's website doesn't mention this model.

There are usb driver downloads available there - if the camera connects via usb....
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

YEAH the quality of the picture is excellent! still cant get mine to be used as a webcam, and true this model is not listed on the website!!!

crazy sarah have u got ure pictures on your pc them now???

Unhappy

Hi sorry for the huge delay, had massive dramas at home, thanks for the tips. i've got the "removable disc" but when i try and open it it says please insert disk into drive 1.
    I'm totally stuck!

praktica dcz 6vr

thanks
    sarah
    marymilo hi sarah i have just brought one and i am having exactley tha same problem did you get software when you got yours?
    if you have sorted the problem can you let me know its driving me crazy
    thanks marymilo

YEAH the quality of the picture is excellent! still cant get mine to be used as a webcam, and true this model is not listed on the website!!!

crazy sarah have u got ure pictures on your pc them now???

quote marymilo

thanks for your comments i have had the same problem will try tonight what you said hope it works
    thanks marymilo

Welcome to Windrivers Mary

Did you follow the instructions posted by steveouk above?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    Welcome to Windrivers Mary

Did you follow the instructions posted by steveouk above?

quote marymilo

yes i have printed it and i will try when i get home tonight

Hi in the end i got fed up with trying to make it work, tried everything! So i just bought a card reader and put the pics on that way.
    sarah

Crazy sarah - probably much easier too.

YES MY DEAR BOY I CAN HELP!!! I was having the same problem until I found this: http://82.42.128.43/praktica_dcz_13s.htm
    The principle is the same. turn camera on, into PC mode, to PC Camera mode and select then it will ask for USB connection, do it and then HEY PRESTO! WEBCAM! (I think...works for me but then I had no problem d/loading images from it so....)

Hope it helps!

Daf.

Quote Originally Posted by dafyddpryce
    YES MY DEAR BOY I CAN HELP!!! I was having the same problem until I found this: http://82.42.128.43/praktica_dcz_13s.htm
    The principle is the same. turn camera on, into PC mode, to PC Camera mode and select then it will ask for USB connection, do it and then HEY PRESTO! WEBCAM! (I think...works for me but then I had no problem d/loading images from it so....)

Hope it helps!

Daf.
    hey still cant get it to work!! yeah i do that wat it says above, asks for usb connection plug it in then HEY PRESTO! NOTHING!! i check on msn messenger 'camera settings' and it says no camera detected!!!
    dafyddpryce wat program or chat program are u using ure webcam with?? did u have a webcam before the camera? im thinking of installing my old trust webcam software in the hope that that helps my praktica webcam to work?!?!?!..........