Hello John and Ferrit,

I have had an email from the MCT whose courses I was once on saying that there is no longer Government funding for Microsoft and CISCO Academy courses at North Herts College and all candidates have to pay their own course fees plus materials and exams, whereas before it was all free for concessions. It would cost me over £300 per component and it also applies to all other IT courses such as webmaster and CISCO. So that's the end of the dream............ but at 65 I am hardly looking for an IT or any career now. I will forget about exams and courses and just enjoy being a geek and maybe find time to get my amateur radio station back on the air, we moved 15 months ago so I had to close it down.

I have not resumed work on my husband's computer yet as I have been feeling sad and restless all evening so I got the Ground Force DVD out and we had a good laugh.

I will have a look on the CD to see what drivers are on there and noted what you say about the floppy John and thanks. I think I can set up the machine without further problems.

In my previous post I said 125 percent right in the Installation questions I meant 25 percent. I have obviously forgotten a lot about installation or I would not have had the problems which led to this thread

Thanks again for all the help and advice.