XP Home: Remember password?

Thread: XP Home: Remember password?

XP Home: Remember password?

Got XP Home on my laptop all updated and such. It's running well except for one minor annoyance. At work I have to login to gain access to the shares on our fileserver. How I've got this to work in the mean time is that I created an icon that opens up an explorer window to the root of the server (//server/) the usualy username password box pops up I type in the schtuff and away I go, until I restart the machine. There is no remember password option. I assume this is expected behaviour with XP Home. Is there any way that I could make this easier? I don't mind clicking an ok button but typing in my username with the nazi admin's crazy case sensitive password gets annoying sometimes.... any thoughts?
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.

won't TweakUI for XP do this for you?

I dunno... never used it... I'll check it out...
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.

k I looked through Tweakui and didn't see an option that would help me. Any other ideas?

try HERE, i knew it was possible.

Have you tried mapping a drive and have it reconnect at logon. When not at work you would be getting an error that it could not connect but should work when at work.

net use x(or whatever_you_want_as_a_drive_letter): \\Computer\Share password /UserYour_User_Name)

net use x: \\Computer\Share password /User:

You would need to do the mapping when at work.
    http://www.hws.edu/administration/it...s_drivemap.asp
    The above link discusses the way to map the drive using the GUI.

that's an idea and may be the only option... but my laptop isn't always at work and I'd prefer to avoid any "Cannot reconnect drive" when I'm elsewhere... I know beggars can't be choosers though... My laptop is currently at work so I'll try em out on Monday, see what I can come up with... can you think of a way for it to detect what network I'm on and connect the drive when it's on my network at work (bare in mind my nazi administrator has also discarded all Pings)...

You could create another user copy your profile to the new user, and use that new user when at work and the regular user when at home.