UFC

Thread: UFC

Ufc

Anyone else besides me loving the UFC? They have really opened it up and are taking it mainstream. Last nights Fight Night was great.

Laptops/Notebooks/PDA Mod 3fingersalute's Avatar
    ummm, you know this is in the graveyard, right?

Woops not anymore. That's what happens when you try to do 3 things at once.

Registered User imaeditedbysowulo's Avatar
    The Sanchez Pareysian fight was awesome. Those judo tosses that Pareysian threw out in the beginning were technical perfection. The first ultimate fighter fight was less than impressive, but I'm sure the fights will get better as they train more and get in better shape. My money is that it will be as lopsided as the last season's fights. You can tell because one corner is yelling exact instructions to the fighter on what to do and the other corner is yelling generic crap like 'yea good shot' or 'keep workin, keep workin'.

Serra's team is going to dominate.
    WWBRD?

My Tivo cut off the last round of the The Ultimate Fighter 4/ Carter fight. Who won?

Quote Originally Posted by Richard1
    My Tivo cut off the last round of the The Ultimate Fighter 4/ Carter fight. Who won?

They will be replaying it this weekend I'm sure, but if you really want to know.....

Shonie Carter won by decision. The second round was pretty much the same as the first. No real solid blows landed, just a bunch of wrestling around on the ground.
    WWBRD?

Thanks I caught the replay on Sunday. Absolutely correct, just more of the same.

You pay for that? It must be a guy thing
    Dyslexics of the world..UNTIE!

In The Backyard With PeckerWood.My Pet Bird.LOL
    It looks like rape....Where's the women?
    "We Must Have Toliver Gravy!"Said The Bloody
    Little Yellow Lumbermen To The Forum King.

Quote Originally Posted by amyb
    You pay for that? It must be a guy thing

If you consider basic cable paying for it, then yea we pay for it. It's on Spike Thursday nights. Before season premiers or before season finales they have 'fight night' for two hours before the main show. It's the ultimate one on one sport. You should give it a try and sit thru a full episode, you just might enjoy the intricacies of hand to hand combat.
    WWBRD?

Quote Originally Posted by imaeditedbysowulo
    If you consider basic cable paying for it, then yea we pay for it. It's on Spike Thursday nights. Before season premiers or before season finales they have 'fight night' for two hours before the main show. It's the ultimate one on one sport. You should give it a try and sit thru a full episode, you just might enjoy the intricacies of hand to hand combat.
    I do know the intricacies of hand to hand, I have 2 labs! Or I should say hand to paw..

Well said, imaeditedbysowulo. Aside from boxing there isn't another sport like it. In truth boxing doesn't even compare because when you've been knocked down in mixed martial arts, the fight continues. It's a combination of skill, mindset and condtioning. These guys fight for sometimes 25 minutes. Anyone who has wrestled, boxed or just fought in general knows that 5 minutes is an eternity, let alone 25.

On another note, my two mutts are also skilled in the "dark arts".... I smell a cage match.

Last edited by Richard1; August 24th, 2006 at 08:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard1
    Well said, imaeditedbysowulo. Aside from boxing there isn't another sport like it. In truth boxing doesn't even compare because when you've been knocked down in mixed martial arts, the fight continues. It's a combination of skill, mindset and condtioning. These guys fight for sometimes 25 minutes. Anyone who has wrestled, boxed or just fought in general knows that 5 minutes is an eternity, let alone 25.

On another note, my two mutts are also skilled in the "dark arts".... I smell a cage match.

awww..cute doggies..