Happy Birthday Country Bumpkin
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Happy Birthday Country Bumpkin

Happy Birthday Country Bumpkin

Hope you've had a great day mate, fires not too close...

In The Backyard With PeckerWood.My Pet Bird.LOL
    So,Our Country Bumpkin Is Having A Birthday?

Hope You Are Safe From The Fires! God Bless You Today.
    Happy Birthday.

Last edited by street1; December 15th, 2006 at 06:05 AM.
    "We Must Have Toliver Gravy!"Said The Bloody
    Little Yellow Lumbermen To The Forum King.

Happy birthday!

Happy Birthday and have a great day

Greetings and felicitations, on this, your Birthday! Stay safe, have fun and enjoy!
    I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet.

Haaapppppy Birrrrrthday!

Hope you have a good day !!

Poetry, recordings and photos >> Welcome to My World

A member only a few days and a birthday already??? Hope you have a good one!
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Thanks folks, I did have a nice day but I was very tired in the afternoon following all the drama of the fires and dads funeral. I spent the day with my 3 grandkids all at the same time, with one living in West Aust, this rarely happens, so it was the best way to spend my birthday.

The fires are close to the farm, but not within spitting distance. The fire breaks have held so far and yesterday as they crept closer there was a wind change at the right time which blew it back on itself which has now created quite a good back burn. One major containment line held and stopped the fire from crossing a bush road with housing on the other side. So if luck holds my valley should avoid any damage. The weather is cooler now too which is a relief for those who did not evacuate.

There was one drama after the other on Wednesday when my dad was farewelled, it began when I had to pick up interstate arrivals at the airport early in the morning. They were coming from different states but with the same airline thankfully, but I was held up for a drug and explosive random check and missed the first arrival. The second plane came in and I thought they were not on it as they came out last. Then I couldn't find where I parked the car - as I usually pick up from the other airline terminal, that took another 15 minutes.

All went well for a while until I hit every red light on the way to the chapel to arrive with 10 minutes to spare before the start of the funeral. All went well until they began to lower the casket and I broke down, I was very close to dad. Then later at the wake my mum takes a turn and goes a grey green colour and is taken off to the hospital in an ambulance.

So the relatives flying back the same day were sent off in a taxi and my son in law has to drive my car because I've had it by the end on the day. Everyone is hanging around waiting to leave after the wake and one cousin who is coming with this son in law and I sits down for a drink and a smoke. So I told her everyone was waiting for us and she says, "Ok I'll just finish this drink and smoke then." I groan and leave to avoid thumping her for her ignorance and lack of concern for the people going out of their way to accommodate her.

Anyway I have survived. But I am tired all the time and still entertaining my daughter from West Aust - taking her around to visit people, so I have not had time to get over all the drama's - which is why I was tired on my birthday I guess.

This almost sounds like a WOTPP chapter.

Thanks for your concerns about the fires and for the birthday greetings - its great to hear from you

Sorry to hear of your Dad, CB. My condolences. But I'm glad you've been able to have family about and been preserved from fire harm.

So sorry to hear about your Dad and all the stress of that day

Poetry, recordings and photos >> Welcome to My World

Wow, I feel much better now.... I thought I had a rotten week... but against that, it's just stuff...
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

My condolences for the loss of your father. My father died three years ago and I know how hard that can be.

Glad to hear your area may be spared the brush fires. We'll keep praying for you.
    I didn't surrender, but they took my horse and made him surrender. They have him pulling a wagon up in Kansas I bet.

Thanks everyone for your condolences and keeping me in your thoughts.

The fires are creeping still closer to the farm and from a different angle each day,my nephews bush block was burnt yesterday, but only slightly, now a nearby valley which is popular with campers each summer is ablaze . There are some holiday houses there and I have good friends who have a property very close to this valley. It seems as the wind blows the fire back on itself in one area it blows it closer on another front.

Someone reminded me that it was Christmas day next Monday - something I had completely forgotten about.

What a way to end a year!

Still we have to be grateful for all the good things and know that they can only get better again.

One of those good things being the friendly people on Windrivers, I appreciate your friendship particularly right now, and especially as I have only really just met you all,
    Bye for now Adele

Happy B-Day, hope everything works out for you...