blank webpages being shown. NEED HELP PLEASE!!!

Thread: blank webpages being shown. NEED HELP PLEASE!!!

blank webpages being shown. NEED HELP PLEASE!!!

first of all i would like to apologize if this thread is in the wrong place.

i am a Windows XP user.
    i live in the U.K, and up to 3 days ago my Internet just stopped working, just like that, all of a sudden.
    my problem is that i am using AOL as my ISP (AOL 9.0)and regardless of which webpage i visit they all show up as blank pages. its as if nothing even happens, i dont see any activity from the loading bar in the bottom left and no error messages are displayed. It does log onto the Internet yet AOL does not seem to work.

However my Internet Explorer works perfectly fine (seing that i am able to sign on) yet my AOL Internet does not.
    i have tried talking to thier staff through Phone and they all say the same stupid things which i have done countelss times. i have talked to their technicle staff through the internet as well, and the most i get is the same e-mail from everyone of them i talk to.

i have cleared the "Cache" and "Rebild Adaptors" so many times that i cant keep count of now.

i have configured all the Internet settings that are human possible and still there have been no changes.

i have twice been told to uninstall and then re-install my AOL and having done so STILL NOTHING HAS CHANGED!!!

now i am having to resort to an alternative means of finding assistance, i have decided to ask for help from this community, and from the results of many other questions i have seen that this place is quiet.....remarkable, as most of the issues have been dealt with.

i hope someone out there can also help me out.

i will lok forward to someones reply.

have a nice day.

Ex

P.S: if i have missed out any detail you would need to know, then please let me know.

Thank you.
    Last edited by Ex_shinra_Soldier; December 30th, 2006 at 02:47 PM.

Greetings there Ex! You state that you are able to log on to the internet through Internet Explorer but not through AO(hell) ? Is this correct?

Based on the above asumption I have to tell you that AO(hell) is like an Octopus with many tenacles that permeates through your system merrily placing files everywhere. Without knowing the complete story here (where is Orangeman when you need him? :>) I would suggest that you not only do an uninstall but also do a through registry cleaning or may I suggest a simpler solution and if you are running XP do a restore from a date before the problem started. Go to someplace like Tucows.com and check for a free registry cleaner if you need to do the uninstall route again.

Sometimes these things can be very frustrating and it takes a great bit of patience to work through them, but hang in there!
    The Moral Majority is neither.

Master Sargent - WOTPP

Maybe try different DNS addresses on your router?
    Hello World

Once in the browser, launch another aol browser window... does that display properly?
    I had something similar after upgrading to IE7 on another machine - this is a problem with security - specifically activex controls.

Checking around, it appears that AOL doesn't consider their pages as part of the internet, so no security is needed, unfortunately IE7 sees it differently. Unsafe or unmarked activex are not allowed under the default settings. Since AOL browser is built on IE, AOL browser takes it's settings from IE.

If you have upgraded to ie7, uninstall it and roll back to ie6
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Thanks a million guys!!!
    you people are great!!!

O.K maybe the kiss was going a bit to far LOL

but really i apreciate the help, and i am happy to say that the problem was fixed, i dont exactly know what fixed it because i tried the all three of the suggestions you guys gave me so i guess i got to thank all three of you for it.
    i tried what;
    jitBob said and i used a registery cleaner from that site, which i must say was really usefull to me, i got rid of all the AOL i could get my hands on. i can see now why you called it AO(hell), looking at all the files i was like
    (i think that smilie sums it all up)

i tried what WebHead said and change my DNS settings as much as i could while trying not to go off the limit.

and last but definatly not least NooNoo, i deleted my current Internet Explorer and rolled back to my previous one.

all in all i got to hand it to you guys, after a long search i finally got what i needed.

Thank you all greatly.

when ever i get something that i cant solve i know who to talk to.

peace out.

Our Pleasure!
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."