FIC-Va-503+ and Gforce 2 MX AGP.

Thread: FIC-Va-503+ and Gforce 2 MX AGP.

Talking FIC-Va-503+ and Gforce 2 MX AGP.

Hi:just wondering if the Gforce 2MX 32MB AGP will work with the super socket 7 Mobo .
    FIC-Va-503+ via apollo MVP3 ..
    thanks in advance.

Avatar Goes Here Radical Dreamer's Avatar

Should, just make sure that you have teh newest 4-in-1 drivers
    :::Asus A8N-Sli Premium:::AMD 3500+ @ 2.4ghz:::2x80GB 8mb cache RAID0 Array:::GeForce 7800GTX OC:::2GB Corsair XMS Memory:::500 Watt Enermax Liberty PSU:::16x Lite-on DVDRW:::

Counter Strike Source Forum and Server @ http://www.nvpclan.com -=Ninjas Vs. Pirates=-

I would say there's about 80% chance it will work.
    the first thing to do is get athe latest BIOS for your Motherboard.

MVP3 is an old chipset and has some problems with hardware (nvidia cards especailly) another thing to consider is that Geforce based card need a lot of power (elctrical current) and your board might not supply it.

I would say go ahead and try it - but do get it from someone who will allow you to replace it something else just in case...

Unhappy

Speaking from personal experience, I have to say NO. The GeForce 2 MX requires an AGP 2.0 slot, the FIC VA-503+ has an AGP 1.0 slot (I know, I own one, it's the system I'm using right now). To avoid confusion: AGP 1.0 includes AGP1X and AGP2X support; AGP 2.0 has a different voltage spec and supports up to AGP4X.
    I have tried both a GeForce 2 MX (returned to store) and a GeForce 256 DDR (stored for later use) on my system (FIC VA-503+, AMD K6-2/550MHz, 256MB RAM) with incomplete success. 2D apps and Direct3D worked fine, OpenGL locked up hard. The only card that's worked really well in my system is my present card: a Matrox G400 16MB single-head.
    I've heard of good results with the Matrox G200, Voodoo 3, ATI Rage 128 and Radeon, S3 Savage 4 and Savage 2000 and the Kyro II.
    Hope this gives you some usable options.
    When all else fails.....FDISK!