Please help - urgent problem here! - Page 2
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Please help - urgent problem here!

I think what Stevo is saying is, where did the drivers come from that you are using? Are they on a CD that came from the computer manufacturer, are they from a restore partition on the hard drive? He implies, and very importantly, if the drivers are not for XP and you are running XP then you would have a problem from that.

Have you checked for updated drivers from the manufactures web site?

Also, is this the only device that isn't working correctly? If it is, and you have an available pci slot, for sake of time and effort/frustration, you may consider removing the drivers previously installed for this sound card and purchase a sound card of your liking and use the driver's supplied. I am one who goes for the cheapest route and so if I can get the card working, I'm really happy, but if it's a lot of trouble, then a $10 sound card is good enough or I may spend a few bucks and get a card that sounds smoother and richer and enjoy the upgrade.

If I'm in left field with my post, please forgive, I only offer my opinion here since I can't see how other than to help, and help is my intent.

Barry,

Smile

partly what i am sayin Barry yes but what i also meant is that all e machines have a hidden partition which has a clone image stored with the software to deploy to the main partition with all the software that came from new if the drivers that are needed for upgraded compunents as no one has specified this as yet then it would be an idea search on somewhere like drivers.com as there are a lot of drivers on there that are exceptionally difficult to come across