Please help - urgent problem here!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Please help - urgent problem here!

Please help - urgent problem here!

Hello everyone,
    I'm new to this forum and, well, forums in general, but I felt I needed to register here because I don't know where else to turn.

I've, fairly recently, bought a computer (emachines 3260) and, after a while, it was running slowly, so I decided to re-install Windows to wipe it clean and start again. May have been a stupid thing to do, but it's been done! Anyway, I use a router to connect two computers to the internet, and it's all been working fine until now, as now the internet won't work on the computer I've wiped. I've tried installing the router, but it needs the internet to do it apparently!

Anyway, I was wondering if it was because I needed the drivers to the computer? If so, could anyone help here? And if it's not that, please offer some advice as to what it could be!

Hope all are well and thanks for reading!

Gene

Hey Jeangenie! I think the E3260 is a UK model (I'm here in Bullwind Texas), so I'm not sure what they ship with it in the way of CDs, but there should be a driver CD. You need to re-install the driver for your network adapter, and you should be up and running. This also applies to any devices like sound, etc. that may be flaky. Emachines really doesn't offer much in online support, but you can email their tech support on your second machine if you cant find the disk you need.

Thing is, I don't have the disks, and I've e-mailed their technical support, but they haven't replied. Have tried looking on the internet for some help, *any* help, yet I've found nothing. And I can't get hold of any back up disks.

By the way, yes, it's British, as am I

Registered User Trainshed Terry's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb
    Hey Jeangenie! I think the E3260 is a UK model (I'm here in Bullwind Texas), so I'm not sure what they ship with it in the way of Cd's, but there should be a driver CD. You need to re-install the driver for your network adapter, and you should be up and running. This also applies to any devices like sound, etc. that may be flaky. Emachines really doesn't offer much in online support, but you can email their tech support on your second machine if you cant find the disk you need.
    ER! I am not sure but I have heard stories that when you by a new PC in the UK you no longer get a set off back up disks but don't quote me on that.

If it is a Emachine I would recommend that you talk to the store where you had purchased the PC from.

Are you running Windows XP or Vista
    Last edited by Trainshed Terry; April 17th, 2007 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Additional info

I'm running XP.

The shop won't be of any help, as I didn't get a guarantee or anything, and the company seem impossible to contact.

I just wanna find out where I can download these drivers. Any ideas?

Your model has the Intel "seabreeze" mobo....

All drivers here:

http://www.emachine-upgraders.info/d...ownloads.shtml

Good Luck!

John
    Now where did I leave my Lump Hammer?

"I thought I was wrong once" - "But I was wrong"

Anything that cant be found can be determined by downloading Everest here.
    http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html
    Install it run it and it should identify anything in the system that may need drivers
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

Thanks everyone! I tried that website with the drivers that I found useful, but it only installed a limited amount of drivers, not including the ethernet driver - the one I need to get it online.

I opened up the computer and on the where the LAN sits it had writing on. It read:

JFM25013-7103W
    4CFj
    10/100BT
    FOXCONN

I was hoping you would know what it meant? It's just with the ethernet driver, I could get online and perhaps find the others within time.

Forget the last post; I've managed to install the LAN driver and now it's online! Hooray!

After installing a few drivers, the only minor problem is the audio driver. I've tried to download the Realtek AC97 Audio driver (which Windows identifies it needs) but halfway through the download it will always restart the computer and continue as if the download never took place.

I went on the Realtek website and downloaded a huge set of drivers (25MB) that I apparently needed, and after this it said it was complete and needed to restart, so after doing so, I still had no sound drivers.

How do I go about this one last, minor yet annoying problem?

Run Everest, expand the multimedia tree and click on PCI/PnP Audio, and tell us what is reported. It could be that you just got the wrong driver.

There are two alternative sound/audio drivers listed on the site and of the two I reckon the soundmax one is more likely. I've only one emachine in at the moment and it's a little newer than yours but it does have the soundmax driver and an intel board (rather than the diabolical trigem that so many were made with).

Worth trying but do uninstall the realtek drivers first (add/remove programs in control panel).

John
    Last edited by Atodini; April 18th, 2007 at 10:04 PM. Reason: spelling error
    Now where did I leave my Lump Hammer?

"I thought I was wrong once" - "But I was wrong"

Regarding drivers for the network card.

This post is for the poor soul who comes across your same problem of not finding the network card drivers: (and yes i know that part is fixed)

1) check for an available PCI slot in the computer
    2) check whether the PC has a floppy drive or a CD rom or both
    3) Go to Fry's Electronics (or your nearest cheap computer hardware store) and buy the cheapest network {that includes either a floppy or CD as your computer requires you to have)
    4) install that card and move your network cable to it..

At this point, all the other solutions are much easier because you are able to download directly to the PC in trouble. In fact, I keep 2 each of the 10/100 and Gig Realteks on the shelf for this exact reason.

If there is not a pci slot available, I can only assume having never tried it, that a USB network adapter should come close in this situation.

I've installed the sound drivers countless times, and the computer acknowledges that it needs the sound drivers. But when I install it, halfway through installation (when it reaches the document alcrmv.exe) it restarts. This happens everytime - it annoys me that I can't seem to get it to just complete the installation!

Any ideas?

Jean, you need to take off the automatically restart on error check box so you can see the actual error that's happening. To do this, right click my computer, properties, advanced tab, start up and recovery button, and uncheck the box in the lower half, then apply and ok.

Now try the sound drivers again and if it blue screens, write down the entire message and post it here.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

the only question i will ask is did you reinstall using an xp cd assuming of course you are running xp and that you have an xp cd, otherwise i would assume you installed from the clone image stored on a hidden partition of the hard drive you can access when pressing f12 i believe the post screen if it was done this way the drivers should all be present and correct but depending on how old the machine is the drivers may need upgrading