updating bios

Thread: updating bios

Post updating bios

any help on updating my bios, already downloaded the update cant get it to work properly, now sound doesnt work

Wink

Would help if we know which BIOS the Maker is?

Yeah,what exactly motherboard model,what BIOS version,and what soundcard?
    We aren't all wizards here.

MB is shuttle Av61, sound card is SBLive Value, bios update is 4in1 not sure of version will have to check and see

Sorry,but VIA 4in1 is not a BIOS update - it's drivers update. May be, You have installed wrong version...

Ok i will have to check the bios then, but i have tried both of them, bios and mb, i am getting things all mixed up as you can see, and I am frustrated, how do i properly instal mb drivers, and update bios

There is special patch correcting problems with soundcards and VIA 686x chipsets.
    Here: http://www.viahardware.com/download/viatweak.shtm

Cool

Ok i will have to check the bios then, but i have tried both of them, bios and mb, i am getting things all mixed up as you can see, and I am frustrated, how do i properly instal mb drivers, and update bios.

To Update your BIOS you can usually find the instructions in your MB Manual or on the Manufactures website, make sure you download the correct one for your MB.
    http://www.windrivers.com/alpha/bios.htm

The drivers are basicly the same thing you should have gotten a disk w/the MB make sure you install the ones for the right device.. windows usually tell you what its finding, you may have to go into your divice manager and remove the yellow ! dohickies first then install as they come up.

Good Luck

Ah this disk i should have recieved with the mb may be the prob, it never would let me install the drivers, and it froze up when i tried, yet it worked without them util i tried the update, also the company is overseas so its hard to get support....thanks for helping me and getting my thoughts squared away, i was getting overwhelmed with this thing