Hey all
I am building a small form factor PC for my bedroom and I am using some of my old parts that are laying around
I bought an X Q paq small form factor case and an ASRock P4VM890 micor ATX mobo
I installed my Intel p-4 3.2 ghz socket 478 cpu 1 gig hyper x memory, My 7950 gx-2 video card , Seagate 80 gig sata drive and a new Asus sata dvd r drive with light scribe for a cpu cooler I use the big zalman flower unit, well not the fatality
The new components are the mobo,case and dvd r drive, the rest of the components are proven used components
The problem with this build is a high pitched sound from the moobo, this goes off and on during post as the bios detects the drives and is pretty constant right up to when the OS attempts to load, which fails since I have moved the drive from one system to the other, I get the stop error, No problem I intend to reload
My question is, What is causing this annoying high pitched squeal, Like some one screaming or like them old tube tvs
this is a pretty constant sound
I removed the video card just to see and ran the on board video and no change , I am going to try another power supply and see if the screaming stops
This thing is going in my bedroom and I can't have it sounding like this, the cat and dog will go nuts ( As well as me )
The last time I had a noisy board something went wrong,
I may return this board and hope the next one is better