\windows\system32\config\system on sata

Thread: \windows\system32\config\system on sata

\windows\system32\config\system on sata

I am a little bit over my head I have read everything I could find on the internet to no avail it is past 11pm & I will be back at 5am. This computer is the one they use for payrole @ 8am in the morning A7nbx-e mobo 1 gig ram two 120 gb maxtor hds on sata. I have worked countless hours at this point & at wits end. First of all when I got the call the computer would boot up then blue screen driver irql not less or equal. I booted into safe mode did a system restore then got the Microsoft updates. Everything was going well then had to resolve "raid set not complete" issue the mirrored drive was unplugged from the motherboard that fix was easy & the error message went away immediately. Computer ran excellent for over an hour in normal mode. Then I made the mistake of updating internet explorer seven, after reboot I got the error \windows\system32\config\system I tried using the recovery console but windows setup says their is no drive detected I do not have the raid drivers and am not even sure when or how to install them. THE RAID SET IS SIL 3112
    CHEERS!
    Damn the torpedoes full speed ahead!

Umm there is no way windows update for ie7 can be blamed for the RAID breaking!

Why was the mirrored drive unplugged from the motherboard?
    What RAID type is this? 0+1 ? 5+1?
    Have you checked the integrity of the raid by using the RAID bios/setup utilitiy?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

What brand is the computer?

If you still want to get to the drives via recovery console you'll need the dos drivers for your RAID card. Those can usually be DLed from the manufacturer. During the boot to the Recovery Console you'll have to press <F6> to allow it to load the RAID drivers.

Since you didn't post what OS you were running run through the support link that will ask you for your Product, DL Category, and than OS version.

http://www.siliconimage.com/support/...x?pid=0&cid=0&

I too would check the RAID BIOS first as well if you haven't already.

1st question- the raid was the original cause.The computer would boot & stay on long enough to view the report recovered from serious error Microsoft said silcone image raid controller was the problem & that windows update would fix that problem,I had time to read that & then the blue screen came on then automatic reboot, That is why I addressed the raid issue last because the computer wouldnt stay on.So I booted into safe mode did a sys restore for three days ago then at reboot it ran in normal mode & I got all my updates,after that i restared the computer & it booted up fine with no errors except at post there was an incomplete raid set so I went in replugged the sata cable & did a rebuild of the mirrored drive,the error was fixed. i went online for over an hour & IE 7 said there was updates available,I updated Explorer & at reboot the windows/system32/config/system error appeared. the only other notable item is about every other boot this machine gives an audible warning that the cpu has overclocked but proceeds to boot fine, the raid type is 0+1 the cable looked like it was lossly connected and they have an external drive that goes in the first bay they said they had to unplug the keyboard & mouse everytime they install the drive so the unit was moved around alot I figured there must of been enough tension on that cable to unplug it. As for question 2 it is a custom from valley computer ( out of business) it is running Xp pro
    CHEERS!

Why are you ignoring the cpu overclocked message?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

The warning says it was due to an improper shut down
    CHEERS!

I am on this computer now I dropped a 4gb hdd in the third IDE channel,of course the sata controlled hdds are not in "my computer" configuration but I may be able to use the host now to download the sata utility.
    CHEERS!

OK, but you should check that the bios is set correctly for the cpu.

I had already checked I just forgot to mention
    CHEERS!

And it's still reporting the cpu as overclocked? That means there is a problem!

Not since I change the frequency!
    CHEERS!

ok so here is the fix for the Windows XP could not start because the following file is missing or corrupt: \WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\CONFIG\SYSTEM error

Thanks again you wonderful Terrier
    CHEERS!

my pleasure.