Konica Minolta QMS Magicolor 2300W - Help Needed!!!
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Konica Minolta QMS Magicolor 2300W - Help Needed!!!

Unhappy Konica Minolta QMS Magicolor 2300W - Help Needed!!!

Hello,

I have a Konica Minolta Magicolor 2300W printer and have recently upgraded my PC and taken the plunge with Windows Vista... and I have been having nightmares ever since! (It took me the best part of 2 days to get online!)

Does anybody know how I can get my KM Magicolor 2300W to work with Windows Vista?

I have tried everything I can think of and even called up KM and spoke to some fool who couldn't help me at all! If anyone knows of any drivers that are compatible or has even managed to get a 2300W to work on their Vista PC please help me!

Hi NooNoo,

I am using Vista Premium and have a Konica Minolta Magicolor 2300W. I cannot find any sort of drivers that will let me use the printer with my new OS. Any ideas so that I can still use this printer? (It cost me about £300 2 years ago and I kind of dont want to have to buy a new printer!)

Unhappy Konica Minolta QMS Magicolor 2300W - Help Needed!!!

Hello,

I have a Konica Minolta Magicolor 2300W printer and have recently upgraded my PC and taken the plunge with Windows Vista... and I have been having nightmares ever since! (It took me the best part of 2 days to get online!)

Does anybody know how I can get my KM Magicolor 2300W to work with Windows Vista?

I have tried everything I can think of and even called up KM and spoke to some fool who couldn't help me at all! If anyone knows of any drivers that are compatible or has even managed to get a 2300W to work on their Vista PC please help me!

http://onlinehelp.kmprinters.com/CPDocs/q0107023.htm

You'll need to click the link on the page to read the intallation notes for the printer so you get it configured properly.

Welcome to Windrivers BenRyan

did you look here?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by slgrieb
    http://onlinehelp.kmprinters.com/CPDocs/q0107023.htm

You'll need to click the link on the page to read the intallation notes for the printer so you get it configured properly.

Thanks for that, I have seen this page before actually and unfortunately the process is not as simple as KM makes it out to be! I have tried this method and failed. I will have another go using the notes in the link and let you know, I have to print the notes out from work as I cannot do it at home... my printer does not work!!

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo

did you look here?

Thanks NooNoo, I haven't seen this part of the KM website before. I have had a quick look and can see that I can get drivers for my Magicolor 2300w for windows vista 32 bit, but I am running 64 bit Vista, will I be able to use this driver do you think?

I can also get the firmware here for the 2300w, but not the printer management utilities...
    I wish I knew all this before I went for Vista!!

I will have a go with all this in the next couple of days and let you know what happens...

This won't be much help to you I'm afraid...

We have 2 x networked Magicolors here, a 3100 duplex and an oldish Magicolor2 that we use as our general printer.

I had no problems with the Vista driver for the 3100 - works a treat in 64bit but try as I may I have not yet got the Magicolor2 to work. The Vista driver for this printer is actually on the Vista DVD but only supports 32bit and will not even install on my 64bit setup.

You may have to wait until KM get round to a 64 bit driver for your 2300.

Thankfully when I upgraded I took the dual boot route so can still function in XP pro (as I am now!).

You will find all the currently available drivers here:

http://partner-printer.konicaminolta...ista/table.htm

Good luck...

John
    Now where did I leave my Lump Hammer?

"I thought I was wrong once" - "But I was wrong"

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo

did you look here?

Right, none of the downloads from the KM website are any good. I had a go with the 32 bit Vista Driver but alas, it doesn't work! I feel like I am hitting a brick wall, the guy at KM where I spent 20 minutes on the phone (my bill) got me to download the 64 bit driver for the 2400w to see if that would work but that was no good either!

Any other ideas guys? Any help at all would be greatly appreciated...

By the way, if I do go for the dual boot with XP option, do I have to get XP 64 bit as I have a 64bit processor? Or can I just get a regular copy of XP and run that? I am worried that if I get XP 64bit the driver still wont work.

64bit drivers are a bit scarce at the moment. All you can do is keep badgering Minolta until they come up with something.

Yes you can install a 32bit OS.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

When I went up to dual boot, I just fitted a second hard drive, then installed Vista on that leaving my original XP Pro untouched.

I think you need to install XP first though followed by Vista and the Vista needs to be in its own partition or as I have done on its own drive.

I have found that with this particular setup (MSI motherboard, Athlon 4000) that I'm limited to 2gb RAM. I originally installed 4gb but found that the XP Pro was far from stable. Dropping back to 2gb and stability returned to normal.

John
    Now where did I leave my Lump Hammer?

"I thought I was wrong once" - "But I was wrong"

Thanks everyone for your help, looks like I will have to go with the dual boot option as nothing has worked that will allow me to install the drivers for the hardware with Vista.

Have a 450Gb hard disc so probably will partition that and install XP on the second partition.

I guess Vista is a massive learning curve for everyone involved and will probably take a few years before drivers are more commonplace (especially 64 bit) if at all!

Yep, alot of people have forgotten the pain of 2k/XP changeover from 9x. Vista is great for hardware deliberately designed for Vista, everything else is a bit of a lottery mostly because 5 years notice wasn't enough for hardware manufacturers....

Yeah, Ben, the 64 bit distinction does make a bit of difference. I installed Vista Business on my primary office machine about 1 month ahead of my projected schedule, and really have had few problems with it. Going into the update I already knew almost all the compatibility issues I faced and was prepared for them. I really continue to be amazed by the glacial pace of current software development in the 64 bit arena.

The thing that amazes me the most is that there are pages on the KM website giving you details on how to install this specific printer using vista, it lists the printer as one of its models where the method it describes will work. It even goes on to list 3 different alternate methods of using the XP drivers to install the printer on vista, none of which work! The worst thing is that it details steps involving screens that do not even exist! They really are not tuned in in the slightest and should not be putting advice about that clearly does not help anyone.

...as for my 5 year old Canon CanoScan Lide30 scanner? I honestly will not be wasting my time!!

Thank you guys!