Ouch!

Thread: Ouch!

Ouch!

Strained my back yesterday...

A microwave oven was sent in to my work for repair, in a largish carton, so I had to stoop across more than usual to lift it out. Should have thought more first. I felt the tension in my lower back, and set it down as soon as I could, but experienced increasing discomfort through the day. It's rather sore this morning, so I'll have to be careful and will be limited in what I can do for a while...

One of the disadvantages of being tall & thin, more susceptible to back strain. Grrr.

Hope you feel better. I know the feeling. I am 6'1 and I have thrown my back out a couple times lifting monitors and printers. Nothing major, but it hurts like hell.
    At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer, you will find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it on the computer.
    http://www.facebook.com/BlueLightningTechnicalServices

I know what you mean, I painted a front porch railing the other day and leaned over the top to paint the far side. My back is aching! Hope yours gets better, Platypus.
    " I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz

Quote Originally Posted by Guts3d
    I know what you mean, I painted a front porch railing the other day and leaned over the top to paint the far side. My back is aching! Hope yours gets better, Platypus.
    I really know what you guys are talking about; the phrase "Oh My Aching Back" comes to mind. I'm only 5'2" weight 105, and a very independent woman. Alot of times, I over extend my abilities; because, I don't want to bother asking for help. Sons are so busy with their families, I try to do all I can by myself.

I've had surgery on back for reptured disks. No fun for sure. Even after surgery and your well, you still feel weak in the legs for quite a while. At least I did.

Doctors told me not to take to bed all the time. Rest when you need, but keep moving, and take care with lifting things.

Hope you will soon be feeling better Platypus. I really know how you feel.

Registered User FatalException0E's Avatar
    Lots of ibuprofen...and do crunches...(you know - like sit ups but you keep your back on the floor and try to knee yourself in the face)

Yeah, I used to pull by back a lot. After I started doing the weight rack that works your back its gotten a lot better.
    Contents: One signature
    || |||| | |||| |||

In The Backyard With PeckerWood.My Pet Bird.LOL

Thumbs up

I will be the dummy who asks.....

What was wrong with the microwave ?

Also,hope your back mends fast.No fun there.
    "We Must Have Toliver Gravy!"Said The Bloody
    Little Yellow Lumbermen To The Forum King.

Quote Originally Posted by street1
    I will be the dummy who asks.....

What was wrong with the microwave ?

Also,hope your back mends fast.No fun there.
    That one had a leaky High Voltage capacitor & hence the High Voltage fuse had blown.

I was careful to stay warm yesterday (winter here of course) and took things easy but maintained gentle movement. It feels better today, still restricting but not very painful.