Sound Troubleshooting in XP

Thread: Sound Troubleshooting in XP

Hybrid View

Welcome to Windrivers Berbs. The file belongs in system32. Click start, run, type in
    msconfig
    click ok
    Make sure the XP cd is in the drive and click on Expand file and fill in the details
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo View Post
    Welcome to Windrivers Berbs. The file belongs in system32. Click start, run, type in
    msconfig
    click ok
    Make sure the XP cd is in the drive and click on Expand file and fill in the details
    What do I exactly need to fill in? This methoddoesn't work (at this time).

Who do i contact to change my avatar settings? I would like to change my avatar to one I have?

Quote Originally Posted by Berbs View Post
    What do I exactly need to fill in? This methoddoesn't work (at this time).
    What do you mean "the method doesn't work"? You fill in the name of the file STREAMCI.DLL in the File to restore box. In the next box you type in where the file is - if your CD drive is E: you would type in E:\i386
    And then you want it to go in C:\windows\system32
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

For all sound card problems with getting the right drivers that works on "Sony Vaio PCV-2232.
    Well first of all,,, Sony Vaio PCV-2232 is not really your right model number. It would be,,, Sony Vaio PCV-RS420 and you can find all you drivers at: Windrivers http://esupport.sony.com/US/p/model-...PCVRS420&LOC=3 ,,,I know this is all true because I also needed the sound card driver.
    I hope this helps you in many of ways. Thanks, Choppers
    Last edited by choppers; May 12th, 2013 at 10:41 PM.

About sound problem, some time back my computer become just soundless. Then I had to call Support people and they give me this solution that worked out quite well in my computer.. They asked me to go to mycomputer icon and right click (click on properties), then I have the systems screen pop up go to hardware and click on device manager. The thing that I had to make sure that no unknown hardware, otherwise I may need the driver for the sound card.Then I just restart the PC completely, the other option suggested was to start-control panel-sound and audio devices and make sure that the correct sound card is default most computer's these days have two so must be checked... My problem was fixed after this solution,, so I may be lucky...

Why is it so difficult to find a solution on the Internet? Is it possible to resolve the following issue if I do not know what sound card has been installed: after reinstalling Windows there is no sound for videos? Like there are general Windows sounds but in any video player both playing online and offline there is no sound. I do not know what to do.
    Any help would be appreciated.
    Respectfully, Nick
    **Links removed by Site Administrator so it doesn't look like you're spamming us. Please don't post them again.**

Quote Originally Posted by nickkennung View Post
    Why is it so difficult to find a solution on the Internet?
    Well, quite often it is because you don't look for the right things (yes Padiwan, your Google may be weak) or you didn't follow advice given.

So far, you have provided nothing other than this complaint - no system info nor have you indicated you went through all the steps outlined at the very start of this thread (assuming you posted in an XP thread because you actually have XP).

We really like giving help when we have time - work with us.