hp psc 750 printer driver

Thread: hp psc 750 printer driver

Question hp psc 750 printer driver

Hello,

I'm looking for the driver for my hp 750 printer for windows 98SE. It is no longer available on the HP site, and I can't find it anywhere. Does anyone know where I might find this driver?

Thanks,
    Jen

http://members.driverguide.com/index...3&sm=b&jmd=and

try here you may have to sign up for a free account but.......

Actually it is still at the hp site
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...57769&lang=en&
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

downloading

Thank you both for replying. I'm downloading file oj160en.exe from driverguide.com now. Actually, I'd downloaded a file by that name once before but I guess it was incomplete because there were no drivers in it. This one is taking a lot longer to download so maybe I'll get what I need. I'll let you know.

Thanks again,
    Jen

Quote Originally Posted by Ferrit
    Actually it is still at the hp site
    http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...57769&lang=en&
    Follow where the link leads, Ferrit:

"Driver Downloads and Replacement Driver CDs no longer offered for Win 98 & Win ME

As of July 2007, HP will no longer be able to offer driver downloads or replacement driver CD ordering for Windows 98, 98 Second Edition (SE), or Windows Millennium (Me) for your HP printer, all-in-one, camera, or scanner. Microsoft has stopped providing and supporting certain files related specifically to Windows 98 SE, and this change affects all technology companies.... "

got download but . . .

Hi,

Thank you for directing me to the correct place for the software I need. I was able to install the software, here's what happened next.

1. I restarted my computer with the printer turned on and plugged in to the usb, new hardware was detected. But, that process ended with a message telling me the hardware was not installed (I don't know why).

2. I then used the add/remove hardware in settings to install. It seemed like it worked ok.

3. I tried to print and got the message "unable to start driver for hpoid407.exe" (it's in a box with RTL at the top). The box doesn't go away by clicking "ok", I can only get rid of it through cntrl alt del and ending task for the following hpoipm07, hpodev07, and hpoopm07.

4. I also get an error message "HP PSC disconnected". It is connected, I've checked and quaduple-checked.

I'm not sure what's gone wrong. I have the user's manuel, and I've looked at the HP site--everything tells me to follow the instructions on the HP poster which I don't have. I did a google search for "hp psc 750 poster" but found no such poster.

Hope this isn't too long. Thanks,
    Jen

The poster is often a quick start guide..
    However, HP have some comprehensive troubleshooting here I suggest you follow every step exactly. Skipping a step (however sure you are it has nothing to do with it) is not a good idea.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Thanks

Thank you, thank you, thank you! I followed the directions as instructed, even though some didn't make sense to me, and I now have a working printer. I'm a happy human because of thoughtful people. I'm reaching across the miles with a big hug.

One strange thing--when I uninstalled, the language was in Spanish (everything else all along the way was English) After I reinstalled, I checked the uninstall and it was English. Just thought that was weird.

Jen

Heh, good old HP, I get that occasionally, it defaults to spanish, but I have never had the time to find out why. Office G85 MFC's do that alot.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."