How to get into Vista with no accounts...

Thread: How to get into Vista with no accounts...

How to get into Vista with no accounts...

Hey,

I built my sister's family a new machine with Vista. My sister's husband deleted the accounts to avoid having to login. It seems like there is only a Guest account left... any ideas? It also seems that the Admin account is disabled by default in Vista.

I can see the logic path he took... but I trust he understands that what makes sense to him isn't necessarily what will happen now?
    whether you can do this on the guest account I don't know. but worth a try.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by The_Silent_One_1
    Hey,

I built my sister's family a new machine with Vista. My sister's husband deleted the accounts to avoid having to login. It seems like there is only a Guest account left... any ideas? It also seems that the Admin account is disabled by default in Vista.
    Oh how I love people who think they know what they are doing with computer and fudge them up. I have used Hiren's Boot CD on machines with XP to re-enable the admin account and assign it a password. You'll have to search for a valid download place as I do not remember where I downloaded my copy from, but it has all sorts of usefull utilities on there. Not sure if will work with Vista though as I have not tried.

Also if you get back into the machine and your sisters husband does not want to take the extra couple seconds to log in you can always type control userpasswords2 from the run command and uncheck the box that says "Users must enter a user name and password to use this computer" and it will go straight into Windows by the default user you choose.
    At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer, you will find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it on the computer.
    http://www.facebook.com/BlueLightningTechnicalServices

Which Tool

Hey,

Which Tool did you use off the disc? (To re-enable Admin Account)

This is based off of Hiren's boot CD ver. 9.1. From the main menu if you select option 9 for the next menu you can select option 4 for password and Registry tools. There is a Tool called Active Password Changer and from what it says it works with NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista. All of the others say they only work up to XP/Server 2003.
    At the source of every error which is blamed on the computer, you will find at least two human errors, including the error of blaming it on the computer.
    http://www.facebook.com/BlueLightningTechnicalServices

??

Have you tried booting the machine in 'Safe Mode?' I'm not sure if this will work but it might be worth a try.