ecs K7S5A/m830lr motherboards the same?

Thread: ecs K7S5A/m830lr motherboards the same?

ecs K7S5A/m830lr motherboards the same?

i thought i was buying a pc chips m830lr motherboard,everywhere i`ve checked i`ve ran into the same prob,seen many forums people saying the K7S5A and the m830lr are the same boards but diffrent colors,id bought the m830lr off ebay in which the guy said the drivers could be found on the web...i`ve looked everywhere,pc chips/even ecs site.if anyone has or knows where the drivers can be found would greatly appreciate the help thanks

motherboard drivers for m830lr?

i bought a pc chips m830lr motherboard off ebay..the guy didnt have the system disc to it,he said it could be found on the web/pcchips site,i have looked everywhere and nothing.i1ve only found mentioning of it on old forums in which some believe that the ECS K7S5A and the m830lr are the same board just diffrent names/colors.if thats the deal i have found the ecs K7S5A drivers,if anyone out there has the m830lr drivers would really appreciate it.will even be willing to buy a copy from ya.if anyone knows if the K7S5A drivers are the same please let me know thanks

M830lr drivers at pc chips Which drivers did you want?
    SiS 7012 Codec (M700/M830LR/M930LR)
    SiS 735_645 AMR/CNR Modem (M700/M830LR/M930LR)

This board was marketed by Amptron, Elpina, Pc-Chips, ECS. For the most part the drivers are interchangeable (depends on which revision the motherboard is). The bios is heavily dependent on the revision - do not flash this board with another make's bios unless you are sure you have the right revision!!
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

m830lr motherboard drivers

thanks for the reply,it was drivers for the m830lr.i finally sent pc chips an email and they sent me back a response saying the m830lr =Drivers for the M830 v3.1balso had another older pc chips i`d never tried installing because of same prob it was the M825CLU v5.2 =M825LU.hope these are correct because i dont get why the ending letters are diffrent,i`d looked over these on their site numerous times in the past days and wasnt sure they were the same.also had ran into them over the web.i had already given up and oredred a Asus A8V-XE 939 ATX AMD Processor Motherboard lastnight.this is what really confused me about the m830lr while searching was getting old forums in serach which some were saying..("I need to put an end to my speculations once and for all !!!!!! Can someone please explain to me if the K7S5A and the M830LR are the SAME board????? Is there any difference between these boards???? I am searching for reviews on the M830LR , and I am mostly finding reviews on the K7S5A board. I plan on purchasing the M830LR board with an AMD Athon Thunderbird 1.4 gig processor. I don't want to waste my money if this it is not going to be a good setup. I would appreciate any help you could offer. Thanks.") and someone else answering with..("Oh well, here come the "experts" again, saying PC-Chips is **** and ECS is good.

HELLO? HAVE YOU GUYS STILL NOT NOTICED THAT IT'S TWO BRANDS FROM THE SAME COMPANY?

Hell, the boards are identical - ECS K7S5A _is_ PC-Chips M830LR. Same production line, same thing, even same BIOS. Now how can one be **** and the other one be good?

Razielean, fear not. Make sure you have an adequate power supply, check your RAM using memtest86, and you'll be fine with your ECS/PCChips K7S5A/M830LR.") comments like these really got me confused.and im still not sure they are the same boards.i appreciate the replies will prob be back lol.once i do try using the drivers url that pc chips sent me,thanks

I have said they are the same board as far as drivers are concerned
    I have said that ECS and PC chips are not the only ones who marketed that board.

The ending letters are different to differentiate between onboard features.

PC Chips and there counter parts often use the same onboard feature on a number of boards. This means the driver files for a lot of boards are the same. PC Chips replied saying that you should use the drivers for the M825 (that's what I think you are saying, it is not entirely clear from your post).

If you post the contents of the email you received from PC Chips it would be easier to work out what they are suggesting to you.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

ECS/PCChips is a mess...

Starraider, regardless of what you've been told by the board supplier, go by visual of what is actually on the board, or if you have a generic Windows installation operating with the board, download and install Everest Home and see what LAN and audio it identifies.

As already said, the ECS and PCChips labelled boards are essentially the same, although it seems there could be detail variations - PCChips gives SIS audio codec drivers, ECS provide c-media. I agree it shouldn't matter where you source the drivers, as long as you identify which minor variant you have.

I think what PCChips are saying to you is the drivers would be here.

PCChips changed the letter designations for their boards. LR used to indicate "LAN Ready". When the letter R began to be needed for boards with RAID, LAN equipped boards without RAID became just L.

Han Shing give an equivalence table here:

http://www.ebn.net.tw/index-NEWS.html

Before Now
    M830LR M830L

So if they have said drivers for M830LR = M830v3.1b, then if yours has on-board LAN, then it looks to me like the M830L v3.1b drivers I link above should be them.

I also meant to include for reference what seems to be the equivalent ECS download:

http://www.ecsusa.com/ECSWebSite/Dow...uID=82&LanID=0