Help on how to enable mod_jk log log rotation

Thread: Help on how to enable mod_jk log log rotation

Help on how to enable mod_jk log log rotation

Anyone know how to enable log rotation for mod_jk log for Tomcat on w2k?
    Thanks for any info

not sure what you mean by "rotation" but here is how to configure it For NT and 2k should be the same. You also didn't mention which version Tomcat or Apache.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo
    not sure what you mean by "rotation" but here is how to configure it For NT and 2k should be the same. You also didn't mention which version Tomcat or Apache.
    Hi thks for the info i'm try to limit the log size of mod_jk i've chk the documentation but it does not mentioned anything about limiting the logs in windows

Then it is reasonable to assume that the log size cannot be limited?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Then it is reasonable to assume that the log size cannot be limited?
    However the linux version does has a log limit rotation feature was wondering if it is possible to do the same for windows version as well as the log has grown to more than 3gb making it a waste of storage space and harder to manage as well

OK, how do you do it in Linux? Is it a settings file? If so, that file can be edited in windows... if it's a command sequence - what is it?

OK, how do you do it in Linux? Is it a settings file? If so, that file can be edited in windows... if it's a command sequence - what is it?
    It configured in the httpd.conf but after i insert the command apache refused to start stating the module is invalid

Have ypou loaded the module? info here
    Configuration directives may be included conditional on a presence of a particular module by enclosing them in an <IfModule> block.

To see which modules are currently compiled into the server, you can use the -l command line option.
    modules section