ASUS A7S-VM

Thread: ASUS A7S-VM

Post ASUS A7S-VM

Just bought one of these integrated motherboards and it will not detect a 20 gig Seagate Barracuda ATAII 7200-spin hard drive in the bios. Is there a known issue with this motherboard and hard drive auto detection? I've verified correct jumper setting, correct connection of the 80 conductor, 40 pin ATA cable (blue/blue connector and black to hard drive) and even manually entered the drive parameters in the bios with no luck (saving settings on exit, of course).
    It will detect the DVD rom drive so I know that the Secondary IDE channel is working.

Please HELP!

Thumbs up

Just bought one of these integrated motherboards and it will not detect a 20 gig Seagate Barracuda ATAII 7200-spin hard drive in the bios. Is there a known issue with this motherboard and hard drive auto detection? I've verified correct jumper setting, correct connection of the 80 conductor, 40 pin ATA cable (blue/blue connector and black to hard drive) and even manually entered the drive parameters in the bios with no luck (saving settings on exit, of course).

Humm this is a new enough board it out to Auto Detect the HD, go back into your bios setup and look for the Auto Detect HardDrive option and see if it dont find it.

First make sure the HD is jumpered right!
    http://www.seagate.com/cda/products/...21,235,00.html
    http://www.seagate.com/support/disc/specs/auto.html

Cool

Whoops,

Let me add when in bios and you went to Auto Detect does the Drive paramitors come up and did you click (yes) there before you exited and saved?

Good Luck