N232

Thread: N232

Yundi, south of Adelaide. It's not the end of the world but you can see it from here

N232

John here. I'm building up a computer from bits that have been thrown away, a P3 for a friend's son to keep him off of her unit so she can continue her studies. The motherboard has an Intel chipset and is labelled N232. I can't seem to get the onboard sound working as I haven't found the drivers. Does anyone know this unit and where to look. As you may guess, I'm a bit of a novice in this.

Hi John, welcome to WinDrivers.

The best way is to download the free Everest program and post the report it generates on your system. Leave out anything relating to the security of your system - the model of system/motherboard is the main requirement, and the details of the on-board sound identified.

Yundi, south of Adelaide. It's not the end of the world but you can see it from here
    Thanks, Platypus. I'll give it a go

Just a further follow up. That program is fantastic and gave me every bit of info I could ever want. It gave me all the names, makes and numbers of everything in the box which made finding the drivers a breeze. Thanks again!

Glad you got it sorted, mate.

Quote Originally Posted by jjarmstrong
    Just a further follow up. That program is fantastic and gave me every bit of info I could ever want. It gave me all the names, makes and numbers of everything in the box which made finding the drivers a breeze. Thanks again!

Hi, just wondering, what driver did you use for the on board sound. i got every thing else using that everest program, (thanks again Platypus)

having isuse's getting the sound back on the N232 board. non of the driver's i have loaded work.

vinny

That post is a couple years old and that poster hasn't been back.

Take Platypus' advice: "The best way is to download the free Everest program and post the report it generates on your system. Leave out anything relating to the security of your system - the model of system/motherboard is the main requirement, and the details of the on-board sound identified."

http://www.majorgeeks.com/download4181.html

vinny, Everest sometimes mis-indentifies the sound chip on Intel chipset boards as an Intel D something or other, when it is actually a Realtek/Via audio chip. Your best bet is to check the board manufacturer's support site for a driver. Everest should provide information on the board's manufacturer and model.

N232 may be more of a manufacturing category, as it mostly seems to be mentioned in connection with various OEM boards used by Dell and Gateway. I think our best course will be to follow slgrieb's query, what did Everest ID the board as?

Thanks for the replies, i did see that the thread was a few years old, but this was the only thing i could find with the short time i had to look.

the everest program was excellent,

i have loaded up various versions or the drivers, (realtek AC) but none work,

the owner is gonna buy a pci sound card!

but thanks for the comments

Quote Originally Posted by vinnyRR
    the owner is gonna buy a pci sound card!
    For the low cost involved in getting a basic card, that's often the simplest way around the situation. Thanks for letting us know.