Sound Problem Vista Home
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Sound Problem Vista Home

Sound Problem Vista Home

Hi!
    I have a Minor Sound problem, but it is annoying. When I launch-up i get a multiple sound that keeps clamoring until i turn off the Windows Sound in the Volume Mixer - lower bottom tray. This works fine until i start up the next time. I started to experiment with Total Recorder(an application) when the sounds seem to be disrupted. Any suggestion? might add this is a Vista OS Home version on a toshiba Satellite laptop.
    Thanks so much
    dragon

So what version total recorder do you have Vernon?

This would seem to be your problem

Sometimes after you install Total Recorder current sound scheme is modified.
    Therefore we recommend you save your current sound scheme (Control Panel - Sound, Sounds tab) under two different names. If the sound scheme is distorted you will be able to restore it.

Then in Total Recorder settings you need to forbid turning off sound scheme: open Options -> Settings menu, go to the General tab, uncheck Turn off sounds assigned to system events.

Then set sound scheme saved before Total Recorder has been launched.

In the majority of cases the problem does not occur. If you encounter problems with system sounds, and the sound scheme was not saved, you will need to reset the scheme manually.

The error will be eliminated in the next version of Total Recorder.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Hi Noo!
    I went to Total Recorder and tried the above, but it would not allow this version 5.3 which i am a registered user. Was just about to purchase the 6.1 for a special offer of $18.00 and had downloaded beta and was running it with their capture "Video" which works only with the v 6.1, but for $35.00 more for that. So, i uninstalled the 5.3 and that seems to have cleared up the Sound problem i had.
    Got this info:
    Go to the Sound item in control panel
    click on the Recording tab
    Right click on the background of the tab and select "Show Disabled Devices"
    find the Wave Out mix item and right click on it and select Enable
    It will now show up as a device channel in application like Cubase and Audition.
    But the Right click on the background does not work;(on my computer) nothing comes up. Tried to upload image of this problem, but it exceeded to the allowed amount, did manage to get 1 small Sound image from my computer, which only has Stereo Mix, where the other has a choice of about 5.
    Is there a good capture "Video" not too expensive for instructive Videos?
    Attached Images Attached Images
    dragon

Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Hi Noo!
    >Instructive? On what topic?
    On Science short videos!

Downloaded the "Windows Media Encoder" and this would not work for me at all. Tried to convert an existing file (AVI) etc. this would try to convert to wm but would fail (no prog. is associated w/given file name ext.(Ox1F) not to mention there was no way to capture Video clip.
    Have such an application "CamStudio" got on eBay $5.00 download, works fine but when you rectangle large screen pictures are of poor quality (colour) Could "Send a private message" to you and let you try it. Thanks again.
    dragon

I'm confused, Vernon. Are you trying to capture a streaming video source, or work with video from a webcam or the like? If you just need software to do capture from a camera plus simple editing capability for AVI format files, try VirtualDub freeware.

I'm confused too...

Vista has movie maker which can you use too...
    Where is this video? On a camera? A DVD? A file? A TV program? If so, what file extension?

Hi!
    No, I have no Video camera (webcam). I wanted to capture a streaming video source from a playing DVD,CD and from the internet; youTube,metcafe etc. Then drop them in the Windows Media Player to possibly burn a DVD.
    I stated ambiguously "cam" but what I was referring to was CamStudio -Screen Recording Software. http://camstudio.org/ This works without a camcorder to capture but the quality is not too great from DVD source.
    dragon

Vernon, what about copyright? Do you have permission to do this?
    The sources are differing file formats... you would have to copy them to hard drive and then use the appropriate tool to transcode them. WMP plays lots of different formats... which format did you want them all to end up as?

Assuming you have your legal issues lined up, may need an entire toolbox for this. It's doable, but may violate forum policies to explain it. Noo?

The whole thing is a minefield. It's all about what content is. From what he has said so far, it's almost certainly going to hit copyright issues.

Any format is changeable from format a to format b... your kid's birthday party that you turned into a dvd and now you want to re edit it... that's fine, it was your camera, your kid, but taking stuff off YouTube, you are going to need permission from the author(s).

Just because something is broadcast does not mean that you can take it and change it in any way.

Hi!
    I would like to make one thing clear! I do not, in any way, intend to resell these items, which would be captured on the net. I receive these same items from various users every day, which is the very nature of the Internet. Is this the former USSR? If something is displayed on the net, then that's it's main function is to disseminate. Shouldn't MS be responsible for their purported applications, browers tools etc., amenable to such endeavours? There seems to be a lot of hyperbole here. I don't want to feel like an ignoramas and try to stay in the confines of what is "right and wrong" Although, that's the biggest comedy of all times!
    Thank's for your altruistic responses, which I could never understand as I am almost a confirmed beliver in the English writer Richard Dawkins evolutionary work of "Selfishness" which is indeed our true nature. But here again, I try to stay in the main stream with a high appraisal for all my neighbours.
    Last edited by Vernon Drake; December 15th, 2007 at 06:27 PM.
    dragon

errrr....
    hmmmm

well...

It's not about reselling them. Stuff that get's sent round on email for the most part, implicity gives permission to pass it on. You are talking about changing the format of the content.

Now, if you just want to back this stuff up, that's fine, just burn it to a cd or dvd as data files.
    If you want to turn them into a DVD it really would depend on the format they were in in the first place.

The other problem you will get is the sound will often desync so you would have to demux and remux it to resync it. So what format do you want to start with?

Hi Noo!
    I have never run into that problem of demuxing or remuxing. I have a good Video Converter if need be and Nero has always been reliable. As far as the Desync is concerned, or "desynchronization", has a broad meaning but regarding the audio (voice/music) in a movie or music video clip might be out of "sync" the voice doesn't "follow" his/her mouth. Has never happened to me.
    An analogous situation that I'm into is that We aren't consciously aware of events at the time they happen, but we think we are. An example of this process in action is the experience of the runner at the starting block. He is off in a tenth of a second or less after the starting gun fires, long before the sound could reach neuronal adequacy in his brain. Nevertheless, he claims he heard the gun before taking off. "Unconscious processes" triggered his running, yet he has the impression that he consciously directed the action, because his brain refers his experience of the gunshot back to the time it occurred and triggered an evoked response. Sorry to bore you here, but this is yet another example of desync.
    dragon