HP F2179 Multifunction Printer/Scanner
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: HP F2179 Multifunction Printer/Scanner

Angry HP F2179 Multifunction Printer/Scanner

I have just purchased a HP F2179 Multi function Printer/Scanner, and I can't get it to load on my Toshiba P105 Laptop, running Vista Home. I have installed the CD which says it is compatable with Vista,but when it gets to "connect the Printer" it won't advance. I can install the Printer on "Add a Printer", but it still won't Print. I have dis-enabled the Firewalll, and tried another Cable, also the other USB Ports, but no difference. I fear it must be something to do with the Vista System. I have successfully installed the same Printer onto my old XP Desktop.
    Any Suggestions?

Welcome to Windrivers mamill6

When you ran the install cd, did it ask you for permission to run? If not, when it got to a certain point, the security on Vista may stop the install, but you may not see the message because the installing software is covering up the message.

You must be an administrator on a Vista machine to install certain programs and devices. You may need to run the installation software as Administrator.

To do this, insert the CD, when the software launches, cancel it. In "computer" right click on the CD/DVD drive and click explore.

Find the installation program (usually has .exe on the end but might have .msi) and right click on it.

Select Run As and enter your password when prompted. If no run as is listed, let go of the mouse button and then right click again while pressing and holding the shift key.

I looked up your printer, but there seems to be some confusion with the model... I can find a PSC-2170 series or an F2100 series, but the F series does not include a 2179

HP Deskjet F2100 All-in-One series
    » HP Deskjet F2110 All-in-One
    » HP Deskjet F2120 All-in-One
    » HP Deskjet F2128 All-in-One
    » HP Deskjet F2140 All-in-One
    » HP Deskjet F2180 All-in-One
    » HP Deskjet F2187 All-in-One
    » HP Deskjet F2188 All-in-One

Need to find out which one so that you can download the latest Vista driver which you can then run as adminstrator if the above doesn't work for you.

Last tip, when installing the software make sure the printer is connected but is NOT switched on. Only switch it on when the software requests you to do so.

You should also check to see if any of the HP software installed, and uninstall it before trying again.

Post how it goes.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

The F2179 looks to be an Australian/New Zealand variant (possibly of the 2180):

http://h50025.www5.hp.com/ENP5/Publi...D=367&pageID=1

All the F2100 series seem to link to the same driver package:

http://h20180.www2.hp.com/apps/Looku...x=4&submit.y=6

so it seems to me this should be the current driver (Ver 9.0.0. October 2007), either Basic Driver or Full Feature Software & Drivers.

Thanks Platy, I did visit the aussie HP site, but got the same info as the US site.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

No problem, I'd been there before for the Win98 driver...

Before or after they dropped support?

HP F2179 All In One Multifunction.

I have just purchased a HP F2179 Multi function Printer/Scanner, and I can't get it to load on my Toshiba P105 Laptop, running Vista Home. I have installed the CD which says it is compatable with Vista,but when it gets to "connect the Printer" it won't advance. I can install the Printer on "Add a Printer", but it still won't Print. I have dis-enabled the Firewalll, and tried another Cable, also the other USB Ports, but no difference. I fear it must be something to do with the Vista System. I have successfully installed the same Printer onto my old XP Desktop.
    Any Suggestions?

Thanks for that. I have tried all of it but still no go. It won't advance past, "Connect Printer to USB Port and turn it on" no matter what I try. The printer has been installed on 2 XP Computers, but will not install on my Vista Home premium Laptop. Hp Tech. told me to un-install the Lexmark P915, I also had on, but now this one also will not get past the same spot. So I now have no Printer installed. I am still waiting for the HP Tech to get back to me.

The HP F2179 is part of the F2100 Series. It can be located if you call it PSC2179 All In One.

Bye, mamill6.

You made sure it was running in administrator mode?
    You might want to try enabling the Administrator Account and then installing it having logged on as "Administrator". When you are done, that link also tells you how to put it back how it was.

HP ..F2179 All In One Printer/Scanner

Thanks for all the suggestions. I went into their Webpage, and after several attempts, & with the help of HP's Techs, Ifinally got the Printer to work. Let's hope it stays that way.**

mamill6... for other people, could you describe what you did?

Sometimes helps to check the ports setting:
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by CCT; February 11th, 2008 at 09:12 AM.

CCT that's kinda small... can you remove the entire screen and just leave the port settings dialogue?