Need Motherboard PCI Device driver
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Need Motherboard PCI Device driver

Need Motherboard PCI Device driver

PCChips A13G+ GeForce6100 Socket AM2 Motherboard -- This is the motherboard I got, but I need a driver for the a PCI device. I have two pci slots, but neither of them work. The device manager shows a yellow question mark and it is listed as a PCI device. I tried the disk that came with the motherboard but that does not work.

Any help would be great.

Thanks,

Steve

Welcome to Windrivers Element74

Did you install the drivers on the CD supplied with the motherboard?

What did you plug into the pci slots?

These are your motherboard drivers here

You will notice there are no Vista drivers - are you running Vista or XP?
    If you are running XP, you need to download and install "Driver Name NVIDIA Windows Chipset Drivers (CD 3.1NM)" which are located towards the bottom of the page.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Thanks for the help so far. I downloaded the drivers from the link posted by NooNoo, and I could not get the device to find the software. I also ran Everest from the post from OMGMissinglink and I didn't see anything with a "?".

Within the Everest report, I did find this:
    Unknown:
    PCI Device

I am running XP Pro, with SP2. I did get the disk with the motherboard but this PCI device is the only thing that I cannot get to load. I want to be able to put a PCI card with two IDE slots to hook up my two DVD drives. The motherboard has 1 IDE slot, which I want to connect to my two harddrives, and then use the PCI card with the IDE hook ups for the optical drives. But I am at a loss.

Thanks for all the help so far.

SV

When you downloaded the software, did you run the setup or did you try to get the driver installed by using device manager?

You didn't say what cards you put in the PCI slots. I need to know this because some onboard devices show up as PCI devices as well as real pci cards. From what you said, the pci slots are currently empty - or have you already put in the PCI IDE card? If so, what is the make and model of the card?

If you installed the motherboard drivers (and the other drivers on the link) using their setup.exe files you could try uninstalling the unknown device from device manager and rebooting?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

I ran the set up from the downloaded software.
    This is what I tried this morning. My motherboard has a PCI-express slot and that works fine. I put an Nvidia GeForce 7300LE 256mb DDR2 video card in and it works. Next, I plugged in my Sound Blaster Live 24-bit audio card into one of the PCI slots, at first it looked like it would find the proper drivers, but now it is listed as an unknown piece of hardware.

After that, I plugged in my Silicon Image Sil 0680 ATA-133 Medley Raid Controller so that I could connect my optical drives with the IDE slots on the card. The system recognizes that something is there, but when I try to install, now I get "a problem occured during installation..." device will not function.

SV

For the SI card, I think the top driver is what you need:

http://www.siliconimage.com/support/...s=1&sataraid=0

For the Soundblaster, one of these:

http://us.creative.com/support/downl...ype=1&x=23&y=7
    Last edited by CCT; February 3rd, 2008 at 11:45 AM.

CCT -- I have tried both of the links to the drivers and neither work. I tried to install through the device manager and both come back with not being able to find the software to install.

Funny! The links work for me.

edit: try this procedure (hadda go find it):

To install drivers from the internet:

go into Windows Explorer, left click on Desktop, then File, then New and then Folder - name the folder XXXDrivers (where XXX = type, eg, AudioDrivers)

go to the site for your driver, find the RIGHT one for your mobo and OS,(click on the nearest site to you if appropriate) and then download button - when asked where to 'save' the download specify your desktop folder XXXDrivers and wait until the download is complete.

Once it is done, clear your screen and click on the desktop folder and then on the file inside - if it is a zip or rar file it will need to be unzipped or unpacked - make sure if you are asked to specify where to unzip/unpack to tell it to do so to the XXXDrivers folder.

Once you are done that, uninstall the old drivers for the device and then select the device and specify update drivers and direct the search to the folder you made (don't let Windows do it).
    Last edited by CCT; February 3rd, 2008 at 01:05 PM.

I have tried all that you have suggested and I really can't get anywhere. I did get the soundblaster to work, so I do have sound. But everytime I try to install the Silicon Image or the PCI device, nothing works. The wizards cannot find the software to install and even when I have downloaded from the links you've provided and direct the install to those folders, I still cannot install the software.

Thanks for all your help, I am not sure what else I can do. Do you think the motherboard could be bad and I might have to return it?

SV

You could remove the SI card and reboot and see if the Device Manager clears all '?' and '!' marks.

Then, shut down, re-install the SI card with nothing attached, and see of Windows P&P sees it.

If it does, try once again to direct the driver search to the folder you downloaded the SI card drivers to.

Since you cannot access the SI card, it is hard to tell which Bios version it has and thus which driver will work (you will notice the various drivers say they will work with various Bios updates on the card - perhaps you need to try the OLDEST driver first and see if that works).

I doubt it is a motherboard problem, more likely a problem with the SI card/software.

gl

Not exactly sure what I did, but following a lot of your helpful hints, I have gotten the computer to recognize the SI and SoundBlaster cards. Thanks for all your help!

SV

Between my post 12 and now, what did you do?

If you cannot remember, don't worry.

There are a LOT of viewers in this thread and it would be NICE not to confuse them is all.

edit: I know you got the SB working after my post 9.
    Last edited by CCT; February 3rd, 2008 at 06:15 PM.

Hello:
    I have problems with my new Amd mother board, I need the PCI Simple Communication Controller, please if someone can help me, send me to my email
    Last edited by NooNoo; February 4th, 2008 at 05:22 AM.

Welcome to Windrivers Lobbito

I have removed your email address to prevent you getting spammed. Members can email you here by clicking on your name and choosing email. It won't work of course, if you turned off email.

As to your problem... a simple communication controller is usually a modem and often it is built into the motherboard. What is your motherboard make and model?

Since it is new, did you build this yourself or did you get it as part of a new computer?

What windows are you using?

CCT, not exactly sure, but I did something like this.

I took out the two PCI cards (SB and IDE) and used the device manager to uninstall the drivers for everything that was coming up in the device manager with the yellow question mark.

I shut down the computer and put the Sound Blaster card back in and rebooted. I ran the drivers for SB and I looked at the device manager. I found the SB was recognized in the Sound and Video section of the device manager, but I did see the PCI Device with a question mark. I tested the sound card and it worked. Next I basically followed the same idea for the IDE card and I got to the same end, it did work and it recognized my optical drives. I tested those as well.

Last, I uninstalled the PCI Device drivers with the yellow question mark and restarted my computer. It came up as looking for software to install and when it could not find it, I checked the box for the computer to not look for the drivers again. Since then, my computer has been working just fine. Hopefully it will continue that way.

Thanks for all your help.

Steve