prnspl

Thread: prnspl

prnspl

Hi, regarding the prnspl file that prn2file creates is there a way for this file to be automatically overwritten with each print rather than appended any help much appreciated,
    thanks, James.

Apparently the default is to create a new file -look here near the bottom Are you using the /A switch?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

thanks noo noo i guess i must be then if default is to overwrite, prn2file was originally installed as part of dosprn which i have now uninstalled so maybe the settings were changed on set up by dosprn any ideas on how to get this particular setting back to overwrite,
    thanks for your help, James

During installation, DOSPRN automatically places a call to prn2file.com into file %SystemRoot%\System32\autoexec.nt. This batch file is run each time you start the DOS-application.
    from here

Check to see if the /A switch is in the autoexec.nt file.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

no i have modified that already so i know there no /a on there mine now reads
    c:\print\prn2file C:\print\pending\printfile.txt
    as i have moved location of prn2file and the ouput file name, location and type(txt)
    i thought i would have a go at uninstalling from the command prompt but it isnt allowing me to do so.

I guess the best move would be to contact the authors of dosprn.

I just deleted the line completely from autoexec.nt so it wouldnt be loaded with the dos prog did a restart but it still wont allow me to uninstall prn2file i am running xppro and logged on as administrator any ideas on how i could uninstall as i would like to see if reinstalling would make it go back to default,
    thanks for your help noo noo.

Try Noo Noo's advice re the source people first.

Failing that, there are 'at boot time' erasers that work - HijackThis has one:

To use HijackThis to remove a stubborn file:

Clearly identify the file(s) you want to delete and write down the COMPLETE path, eg, C:\Documents and Settings\MOM\Local Settings\Temp\filename

Start HijackThis,

click on the bottom option 'none of the above, just start the program'

click on the bottom right hand option 'config'

click on the top right hand option 'Misc tools'

click on the 'delete a file on reboot..' box

CAREFULLY work your way through the selection process to the file you want to delete and click on it

Shut down and Reboot