Winfax Pro on 98se Print server prints a solid Black Page

Thread: Winfax Pro on 98se Print server prints a solid Black Page

Question Winfax Pro on 98se Print server prints a solid Black Page

I have been using an Asus Tx 97e with a 233mhz Pentium and 256 MB of Ram as a print server, scanner, and fax machine for years.
    I am running Windows 98se and I find it to be more than adequite for the job.
    All my other computers are running XP and have little difficulty recieving and sending faxes, printing to one of the two printers or recieving photos or PDF files from the scanner.
    The one problem I do have is I am unable to successfully print a fax from the Tx 97e directly to the Lexmark Z33 on the usb.
    The fax program I am running is Winfax Pro 10.02 (all of the computers must run the same program in order to properly share the faxmodem)
    Winfax Pro will print directly to the printer port (Raven 2406 dot matrix) but refuses to print anything but a solid black page (minus the margins, footers and headers) when I send it to the Lexmark on the USB.
    All of the other computers can print faxes to the Lexmark thru the USB on the TX97e without a hitch.
    I hate to waste all the ink thru trial and error on my part and I was wondering if someone had a simple solution to my problem?

If it's printing fine on the dot matrix, then it sounds like the usb printer driver is corrupt. Reinstall the lexmark driver on the 98se machine.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Thumbs up Fixed

I'll be damned.
    I know I have reinstalled it before (from the original cd because 98se drivers haven't been available on the website at Lexmark).
    This time I made the "error" of not following the original install instructions of "Cancelling out of Windows 98se New Hardware found Procedure". (As detailed on the CD)
    Everything is supposed to be automatic isn't it. After all its Windows for Christ sake not like it was dos or something.
    Anyway...... I didn't follow the cd instructions completely. I was probably too pessimistic to read the install proceedure and possibly too preoccupied thinking of what I was going to tell you next as to why it didn't work and that the answer couldn't possibly be that simple.

As I started to tell you I made an "error" I browsed the cd for the install drivers. Loaded and tested.
    First on a non Winfax program and then Winfax. Both printed FINE... FINE I tell you.

Thank you!....NooNoo
    You were right!
    Good Job
    Absolutely Too Funny I wonder how long it will be before I walk away, from a print job, only to return to see a black page and shudder to think of the ink wasted.
    As I said Thank you (for now)
    Last edited by Smokin Joe; June 1st, 2008 at 01:58 PM.

see my sig! Glad it's fixed.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."