Printer Driver - lexmark c530dn

Thread: Printer Driver - lexmark c530dn

Printer Driver - lexmark c530dn

Apologies if this is a repeat - I tried posting a little while ago but it seems to have been eaten

I have a Lexmark c530dn, duplex 4 col laser printer. Problem is with booklet printing using PS3 driver.

1. in Word 2003 if i try to print booklet format it does not re-orient and resize some drawn objects so i get wierd graphics on the page. i think it must be a bug / ommision in the driver.

2. in pdf and word formats (and outlook too) documents in booklet or 2 page per sheet format end up outlined with an imposed thin black line as a border (two joined oblongs - one round each original page joined at what would be the central fold) which I cannot remove.

I have an HP business inkjet 1100 which also supports booklet, duplex printing and prints the exact same files perfectly. Therefore it cannot be a formatting issue.

Lexmark tech support have been less than useless.

HELP! please...

SKA

Welcome to Windrivers SKalison

As you have correctly surmised, it must be the driver.....so the driver needs rewriting. Have you downloaded a new driver from lexmark? Have you submitted a request for help to lexmark?

You didn't say what Windows you are running but drivers for your printer are here and if that doesn't work you can ask for support here
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Thanks for the welcome NooNoo

The driver is the most up to date, windows is xp home

Lexmark have been less than helpful.

The pleasant Indian chap in their call centre just kept repeating that only one of their printers supports borderless printing (of course he meant borderless as in edge to edge) and told me the graphics problem was because I should use the PS driver on their site not the other one on thier disk bundled with printer.

All nonesense - I am using the PS3 driver identical on both disk and site.

This is very irritating because this kind of printing was exactly what I bought the printer for and I need to do a mailshot this week!

A

You mean this one?

The I would remove all the lexmark stuff in safe mode - go through the registry and windows folders and pull everything to do with lexmark. Remove the usb cable from the printer and reboot. Then check again that everything has gone, then reinstall.

If that doesn't help then email them and send scanned copies of what you are getting.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Yup that one

I will do as you say and remove cable (ethernet not USB as it on network) and try once more.

One day they will invent plug and play.....and mean it.

I have been an HP printer fan for all the years I have been in business (17 at last count) and they have served me well - one dodgy paper pick up years ago but sorted quickly under warranty. This is my first foray out of HP territory and I am SO regretting it.

I now have a CP unit error on the printer and I didn't touch it...grrrrrr

Will let you know how I get on

A

Ethernet? Might also be worth resetting the printer to factory defaults... I assume it has it's own network card and doesn't use a print server?