Win XP, Office 2002 screenshot paste issue

Thread: Win XP, Office 2002 screenshot paste issue

Win XP, Office 2002 screenshot paste issue

I've got an odd one. It's actually two problems currently but both are with Word 2002 SP3. The problem I'm focusing on first is this; if I take a screenshot, open word and past I get just a small grey shaded box. If I have word open already and take a screenshot, it pastes fine. What the heck is this? I'm not even sure where to begin... We have other D620 Dell laptops running the exact same software and versions that have no issue.

The second problem I believe is stemming from the first. We have a database that has a section in it that you double click on it and it opens up a word document for you to paste screenshots or other relevant data to. The problem with this laptop, once it's open and you try to close it it asks you if you want to save it. Normal operation of this function just saves it directly back to the database.

I'd like to concentrate on the first problem because as I said I think it stands a good chance of fixing the second if the first one is taken care of. Any ideas?
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.

I tried removing only Word and putting it back. Tried removing Office XP and putting it back (installing office xp sp3 too). Tried Windows XP SP3 and it didn't change a thing.

Upon further review it's actually the loading of Word that corrupts the clipboard. I took a screenshot, opened wordpad and pasted fine then tried word and it gave me the grey box. I got the Clipboard viewer running and it showed an screenshot, then as soon as I ran Word it changed to the grey box...

I've tried googling various possible questions about this, but I don't know the terminology of what it is that is actually broken to be able to look it up how to fix it.
    "We must always fear the wicked. But there is another kind of evil that we must fear the most, and that is the indifference of good men." -- Monsignor; The Boondock Saints.

I believe I am victorious:

after reworded searches I found this page:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/555173

It details the basic problem I'm having. Upon folowing the instructions, once I remove Lotus DomDoc COM object, the clipboard functions properly. I will report if this doesn't in fact fix the problem on the produciton system.