plastic standoff's

Thread: plastic standoff's

Question plastic standoff's

Where can one purchase the plastic stand off's that come with a new case? They always send too few and they easily break when changing MoBo's! There seem to be at least 2 kinds, ones that pop into a hole in the case, and those that screw into a more stable hole.
    HP Laptop 6830s with 4 Gbs ram and a 250gb HDD I run Vista business 64bit. But I have some old computers too.

Best thing to do is have people drop off the old garbage PC's at your shop for a while and steal them for their MOBO's.
    I did that before for other reasons and ended up with tons of screws,Cables, Those plastice standoff's,floppy's etc.......
    I hope that someday we will be able to put away our fears and prejudices and just laugh at people.

Talking

Originally posted by DANIMAL:
    Best thing to do is have people drop off the old garbage PC's at your shop for a while and steal them for their MOBO's.
    I did that before for other reasons and ended up with tons of screws,Cables, Those plastice standoff's,floppy's etc.......
    LoL! We are doing same things

Arrow

I DO NOT SUPPORT FRY'S!!!
    But they carry them.........
    http://www.compgeeks.com/images/M-Ge...4_01%20(1).gif

"It is because light travels faster than sound that some people seem brilliant until they speak...."

I always loved the quote!

I know that there aren't that many Micro Centers around the world, but if one is near you then they sell them. Otherwise go to www.pccables.com and look under the Small parts Stickers-Screws section. They have a great rating from Resellerratings.com too.
    U.S. out of U.N.

Anybody that sells StarTech products either does carry or can order them.

I work at a Computer Renaissance and we sell them here. In fact, if you walked in off the street looking for them, I would just GIVE you a big bag (I always replace them with the metal ones anyways).
    Flash! Don't heckle the supervillain!

Exclamation

Yup I can walk into my favorite computer shop and buy a huge bag of those standoffs, Handy for when your working in an older AT case, Just check your local computer shop or do what a Jawa would do get a bunch of old PCs and wreck them for the small parts
    Format c I'm givin er all she's got cap'in !!! )

Talking

Thanks pccables has them. Thanks again!
    HP Laptop 6830s with 4 Gbs ram and a 250gb HDD I run Vista business 64bit. But I have some old computers too.

Banned

ebay has em , but youre better off buying a cheep 486 motherboard, it would actually be cheeper, you can buy a pile of motherboards for what some vendors want for those ,id say drop by a local pc shop like above , i have stripped enough junkers to get my fill,
    OHH by the way why do they call it fry's any way does it have something to do with being fried, or burnt??