XBox 360 Maintenance/Repairs

Thread: XBox 360 Maintenance/Repairs

Post XBox 360 Maintenance/Repairs

Link to videos on how to service the 360 http://www.fixyourownxbox.com/

Well I had my 360 power unit fry when we had a storm a few weeks back. I found out after I bought a new one that it was only the power unit so now I have 2! Yeah one guy 2 xboxes. I know, I should sell one right? Well I decided I wouldn't make enough off of the old one to feel good and selling the new one that has a warranty just didn't sit right with me. So now on to my special Niclo experiments with electronics segment. I'm sure we all remember the Oil Cooled PC I was planning on. Well you're mistaken I'm not dipping a 360 into a tub of wesson oil. No I'm just learning how to take one apart and to service its simple downfalls. Not to mention I'm looking at how to modify the cooling array and adding BLING to my xbox. For those not in the know the older units have a big issue with the heat sink seperating from the chips thus not sapping the heat as effectively. I intend on adjusting that and using a higher quality heat sink. I also intend on finding fans that can push/pull air more effectively within the xbox. The bling... well if I look at it and it's not too complex I intend to remove anything related to the green LEDs and replacing them with most likely blue. I also intend on figuring out the power relays on the board and possibly adding a blue cold cathode light bar inside the frame so the vents shine out when the room is dark. Check the site http://www.fixyourownxbox.com/ To find videos that are fairly decent at teaching you the basics of how to take the xbox apart. Good luck to those of you that this may help out.
    One Script to rule them all.
    One Script to find them.
    One Script to bring them all,
    and clean up after itself.

Niclo, I have a huge box full of heat sink fans and other assorted crap, let me know if you want to raid the box for any parts. Also, read your e-mail, as I sent you an important job related message.
    " I don't like the idea of getting shot in the hand" -Blackie in "Rustlers Rhapsody"

" It is a proud and lonely thing, to be a Stainless Steel Rat." - Slippery Jim DiGriz

Sweet, thanks Guts! We'll have to make it a project some time. Too bad I didn't figure this out last week. I had a client in your immediate area that would have coincided with coming over. I'll have to see what my schedule is for this coming week and maybe I can stop by if you're free. I'll bring the 360 however I'm still waiting to order a power brick I haven't cashed my checks and can't order things at the moment.
    One Script to rule them all.
    One Script to find them.
    One Script to bring them all,
    and clean up after itself.