USB trouble: parameters are incorrect

Thread: USB trouble: parameters are incorrect

USB trouble: parameters are incorrect

I just bought a BR-1200 (A Boss Digital Recording Studio) to be able to transfer information from the Recording Machine to my PC. I have an XP Pro with Service Pack 2 (Service Pack 3 doesn't work on this PC). I was going to back up some files from the Recording Machine to my PC but as it starts to copy I get a message saying "Can Not Copy: Parameters are Incorrect". I have tried looking for updates and/or solutions on the company's website (www.bossus.com) but there is not mention of this problem. I have looked in several different places on the internet with no luck. I tried contacting Boss through their 1-800 number but they are only open Mon through Fri (as though problems only occurred on those days!). From the looks of it I will probably have to find the answer on my own so any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Welcome to WinDrivers, Suplini.

What method are you using to copy the files across?

An error message: "Cannot copy file. The parameter is incorrect." is commonly due to there being a character in the file name that is not allowed in Windows, such as bracketing - filename(1), filename(2) etc. That would be one thing to check for with a non-Windows based device.

Also what errors are you getting when installing Service Pack 3?
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

the problem I am having with Service Pack 3 is that it won't install completely... so I have uninstall it and it still says that it will be in an "inconsistent state"... But going back to the compatability with this machine I get another error, which I have seen with the BR-1200 as well as with the BR-1180CD (The machine I had previously without USB capabilities)... every once in a while it would say this message while I was copying files from a CD I had just burned from the Machine (either the BR-1200 or the BR-1180):

Can not Copy TK00000F: Data error (cyclic redundancy check)

I might have the other problem solved as I called the 1-800 number (they finally picked up and I will do as they said (to Initialize the machine therefore whipping out all the info on the machine to start fresh... and to just drag whatever file I need to copy... this should get rid of the "the parameters are incorrect" problem I have)... thank you for your help

Let us know how it goes with that.

If you want to get sp3 fixed explain what you mean by "won't install completely".
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."