Crediting or Acknowledging the author of an article on the web. - Page 3
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Crediting or Acknowledging the author of an article on the web.

(This kind of nonsinse is why most tech's have left windriver forums and went over to TSF forums) ,you are so right omg that i suggess that you move yourself elsewhere and we are rid of you or they ban you for good and then peoples will start coming back to windrivers,i been here the longest of all those coming here but i had never seen such a f------p pain as you and i don`t mind if you seek your lawyer friend on me as i don`t believe you have a friend,good day and hoping to never see anything from again
    claude

Registered User MobilePCPhysician's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by OMGmissinglink View Post
    This kind of nonsinse is why most tech's have left windriver forums and went over to TSF forums

Thats why is quite in this forum Ferrit, TSF forums generate over 3000 post per day ... windrivers on the other hand can't generate 25 ligit post per day.
    Actually, they generate around 2000 posts per day. Your last post is August 8 of this year. Since you averaged almost 2 posts per day over there, and none since then, I question why you stopped posting over there. Do you still have posting privliges there? Since August, have you decided to devote all your time here????

I have come to find out that you are considered, "troubled" over at that forum.
    Posted from a member on that board:

"From what I know..

The troubled tag is given by the "board" to naughty boys and girls, if their manners do not improve then they get their crayons taken away "

The post was provided by sjb007. I'm crediting the author.

Admit your mistakes, and I'm sure the members of this board will forgive and forget. A lot of people have trouble fitting in at first. We honestly appreciate your input.

So I guess the board that you claim to be so much better, has you on some sort of probation, and you still come here and cause trouble???
    Last edited by MobilePCPhysician; December 11th, 2008 at 03:20 AM.

I just thought i would clarify something here..

Plagiarism
    the unauthorized use or close imitation of the language and thoughts of another author and the representation of them as one's own original work.
    Nowhere does "copyright" come into context when plagiarism is involved. Plagiarism is in common practice considered a bad thing and any decent person would credit original source. Refusing to do so would indicate someone who is not resonable.
    <Ferrit> Take 1 live chicken, cut the head off, dance around doing the hokey pokey and chanting: GO AWAY BAD VIRUS, GO AWAY BAD VIRUS
    -----------------------
    Windows 7 Pro x64
    Asus P5QL Deluxe
    Intel Q6600
    nVidia 8800 GTS 320
    6 gigs of Ram
    2x60 gig OCZ Vertex SSD (raid 0)
    WD Black 750 gig
    Antec Tri power 750 Watt PSU
    Lots of fans

Like I said it wont happen.Some (not naming names) are just too dense to see it.
    Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3
    AMD FX 8350 4ghz OCTO-Core
    Windows 8.1 PRO 64
    Adata 256 gig SSD
    Kingston HyperX 1600 16 Gigs
    Sapphire R9 280 2gig
    Enermax Liberty Modular 620
    www.northernaurora.net
    http://www.northernaurora.net/page/chat.html

NooNoo,

Sinse you edited the post I had posted and suspended my account for the term you called "plagiarism" I'm asking when will your suspension begin for "plagiarism" the post you've edited does no go to the info I'd posted!
    Right so you admit you cut and pasted from another forum, and you say I didn't find the correct forum... so post the link here where you got that information from and I will edit the post accordingly.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

So I did not copy and paste from another forum why don't your and Mr mad FU skillz find it under 30 seconds.
    Oh I am satisfied I have the right forum and it took 10 seconds to find it. If you think I am wrong (as you obviously do) then post the original link.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Registered User MobilePCPhysician's Avatar
    I have over 14,000 post on TSF I do not use this name but you continue on trying.
    I really don't want to beat this to death, or anything, but you say you have over 14000 posts. So, I go there, and look up the posts, everyone over 14000 is a moderator, working for the forum type person. Here is the link:
    http://www.techsupportforum.com/memb...esc&sort=posts

I would hate to think that a person with knowledge of forum rules, and trusted to enforce them at another forum, would come to this forum and act as you have done.

I also think it is coincidence that someone signed up at that forum with your exact handle that you use here.

Well if it's not from a forum, then post the link whether it be from an instruction manual, paper insert, newsgroup, email, blog, knowledge base, web page, pdf file or other written work. I am sure you want to credit the original author.

At Flickr http://www.flickr.com/photos/seafoam/5015074/

Found at http://myseafoam.blogspot.com/2005_02_01_archive.html

I hate to mention it but I think the batteries on someone's hamster here have run down. The wheel, unfortunately, still seems to be turning.

It is my pure and virtuous heart that
    gives me the strength of ten!

Fournd at http://realgardening.net/

It is my pure and virtuous heart that
    gives me the strength of ten!