PC games that are DVD compatible only

Thread: PC games that are DVD compatible only

PC games that are DVD compatible only

Is there a way to play pc games that are dvd compatible only if my software won't support it?

DVD compatible only cd roms

I don't think i have a DVD player as it will not play or recognize any dvds. I have Windows XP. Just wondering if I would have to purchase a cd-rom/dvd combo player or if there was a program or something i could download. Not really all that skilled in computers.

I never heard of such a thing. A DVD Rom will read game DVDs but sometimes may need a DVD player software to watch movies. From my experience you're just going to have to get a DVD Rom they're generally only 40 USD.
    One Script to rule them all.
    One Script to find them.
    One Script to bring them all,
    and clean up after itself.

You might have a CD/DVD combined drive but no DVD playing software. You can try downloading the free player at http://www.videolan.org and then putting in a shop bought dvd movie and see what happens.

Do you know what make and model computer you have? I can look up what it came with if it was a Dell or HP or similar...

If you don't have a DVD drive then there is nothing you can download... reading a DVD requires a certain type of laser and is different from a CD laser.

You have several options, you can get an external usb DVD player (probably would be a burner as well) or you can replace your existing CD drive with a DVD drive or if there is space in the computer case you can add a DVD drive and leave the old one in place. If you don't know much about computers, this is best done by a local computer technician. Get a few quotes that include buying the DVD drive, fitting it and testing it. Obviously it depends where you live and how much DVD drives are in your area as to how much it will be.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Right now you can find DVD-ROM drives from around $14 online at newegg.com, etc. for internal drives. Installation is easy, but you could also go with an external USB DVD burner which would set you back $50 and up. If you aren't comfortable with replacing an internal drive, an inexpensive external drive is likely to be less expensive than buying an internal drive and paying to have it installed.