Hi,
I am having problems with enabling autoplay in vista ultimate x64 sp1, I have never had need to use autoplay function so cannot say how long it has been disabled but now i require it i cant find anyway to get it to work I really need it to work with a virtual drive so that when an iso image is mounted the device autoplays this is not currently happening and by the looks of things it is disabled on all my devices i have a sony dvd writer and that to does not autoplay, I have had a good search for solutions but eveything i have tried so far has given me no luck, I will list all the things i've tried.

1. opened autoplay setting via control panel the box for use autoplay for all media and devices is ticked and powerdvd8 is selected for all relevant items,
at bottom where it says devices that are connected to your computer are listed here is empty I don't imagine that is correct.

2.Ran Gpedit.msc and under computer configuration/administrative templates/windows components/autoplay policies the 3 settings (turn off autoplay, Don't set always do this checkbox and default behaviour for autorun) are all set as not configured this is the same under user configuration as well I believe this is correct.

3. checked registry keys HKLM\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Cdrom\autor un and value is default 1 to send a mcn message and the autorunalwaysdisable key says TORiSAN CD-ROM CDR_C36 NEC MBR-7 NEC MBR-7.4 PIONEER CHANGR DRM-1804X PIONEER CD-ROM DRM-6324X PIONEER CD-ROM DRM-624X TORiSAN CD-ROM CDR_C36 which doesnt seem likely to be disbling my sony dvd drive or my virtual clone drive, have checked both HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pol icies\Explorer and HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Pol icies\Explorer and there is no entries for NoDriveAutoRun or NoDriveTypeAutoRun in either I believe this is all correct.

If anyone has any other ideas on how I may solve this problem Iwould be very grateful.
Thanks, James.