ES1370 Audio PCI problem with audio controller
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: ES1370 Audio PCI problem with audio controller

ES1370 Audio PCI problem with audio controller

Hey everyone, I'm new to these forums just came across here today. I'm somewhat computer literate but I have come across a problem which I can not solve so i turn to the experts.

Here goes: I HAVE NO SOUND. Under device manager in the sounds subcategory I have a yellow '!' next to the multimedia audio controller.
    In control panel under the 'sounds' category i have 'no audio device'

My machine:

Manufacturer : Powered By AMIT
    Mainboard : Asus CUSL2-C
    Chipset : Intel i815E/EP
    Processor : Intel Pentium III EB @ 866 MHz
    Physical Memory : 384 MB (3 x 128 SDRAM )
    Video Card : RADEON 9500 PRO / 9700
    Hard Disk : ST3802110A (80 GB)
    DVD-Rom Drive : SONY DVD-ROM DDU1621
    Monitor Type : SONY - 16 inches
    Network Card : Winbond Electronics Corp W89C940 NE2000-Compatible Ethernet Adapter
    Operating System : Microsoft Windows XP Professional 5.01.2600 Service Pack 2
    DirectX : Version 9.0c (May 2005)

Audio device:
    Device Audio : ES1370 AudioPCI

This info is from PC wizard so I assume it is accurate.

I have the onboard audio controller turned off in the Bios.
    Additional information about the card:

creative 5507
    T N8D 0779 TW
    9815 HKG
    C139898 SBPCI 128 9831

This info i got off the card itself.

I've tried to find the driver on the winxp cd to no avail. I've also downloaded several drivers from driverguide.com, but either I can't find the right one or I'm doing something wrong or in the wrong order. The driver file i found on the above website is es1370wdm.

Appreciate any help I can get.

Peter

Welcome to Windrivers LedZepellin1984

Have you been to Creative Support - They have the drivers here

They also have an autoupdate at the bottom of the page.

Before you do this though, please uninstall the previous drivers you have downloaded from add/remove programs as you may have the wrong versions which will upset the install of the correct version.

If this driver doesn't work please look at the card again, in the top right hand corner should be a number starting CT or SB or possibly EN. Please post that number.

It is quite possible that the SB128 you have came from an OEM machine like a Dell or HP... in which case you need to find out which machine it was removed from to ensure you get the right driver. If you bought it from a shop, it could be the Creative OEM version which has no support from Creative... in other words, lose the CD and you have to find someone with the same card and borrow their drivers.

Let me know how it goes.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Welcome to Windrivers GRS

This is a Linux (BEOS) Driver, but thank you anyway.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Ok. I've tried the creative website auto update but I had no luck. I also tried the manual way with the web driver update. I get an error saying 'setup could not detect any sound blaster audio card on your system' I have tried this with both the AC '97 audio controller on 'auto' and on 'disabled' in the bios.

The number off the card, if its the right one, SB PCI 128 9831, one of the chips on the card also has the creative label engraved on it.

Not sure if this will help at all but every time my computer starts up the wizard pops up and recognizes that i have 'new hardware' to install. So I speculate that I don't know how to uninstall the previous drivers that are installed correctly (there was nothing in the add/remove programs in control panel that involved drivers.) Thankyou for the help so far.

Peter

OK the number I am looking for is two letters followed by 4 numbers at the top right hand corner of the card.

The Creative drivers lack of recognition could be one of two things, the card is the OEM version and so won't be recognised or the card is faulty (this happens alot with these cards).

You didn't answer the question about where it came from...

Google found this based on the model #'s you gave
    http://file2.mydrivers.com/sound/SBP...etupus_w2k.exe

Sorry that last link didn't work right

Rather than link directly to the file GRS, you would be better linking to the page on which the download link appears.

I've looked at the card again but I can not find the number you are looking for. The top right hand corner has 3 (quad silver wire inputs encased in black shells with L and R labeled on top of each of them) inputs 'cd audio in' 'tv tuner' and 'jb tad i/o'. I can take a picture of the front and back and post it if you think that will be of any help.
    Another one of the chips on it has:
    AKM
    AK4531-VO
    9810JAA
    JAPAN
    I have had this card ever since I first acquired the pc which I listed in the post. I remember having a cd with the drivers but I am unable to find it. The card worked fine before the reformat I did. If there is a way to check if the card is faulty please let me know and I will perform the check. Thanks for the continuing help.

Peter

If nothing else works here, go to this page and install/uninstall until one works or you quit.

http://support.creative.com/Products...=Sound+Blaster

Typical, some of the models are at the top middle of the card... like this one

Last edited by NooNoo; February 7th, 2009 at 05:45 PM.

Oh if it came with a CD, then it's likely to be the Creative oem sold in retail shops... you will have to either find the CD or find a download for it... which is always risky you can try this but as you can see, this is why I am keen to get the exact model.

I have uninstalled all the drivers for the audio device and now I have a yellow question mark in the device manager showing 'other devices'. Multimedia audio controller has a yellow question mark under this tab. I took pictures of the card back and front because I could not find the model number that you specified I should find. I will list what the 'FCC' box contains and what is written on the back sticker as it may be difficult to see. Hopefully this makes it easier to find the correct driver.

The pics are too big to post on here so If there is some way I can get them to you, perhaps through email, let me know. I'm new to here and not sure if there is a way to private message or if I can post my email address on a thread.

FCC box:

S3300
    FC Tested to comply with FCC standards
    For home or office use.

Back sticker:

C139898 SBPCI 128 9831
    ASSYNO: 01 REV: C
    ASSEMBLED IN USA

Again thankyou for the continuing support on this issue.

Peter

You can host the pics elsewhere... then link... Flickr, Photobucket, Imageshack

If you don't have a free place, google free image hosting and pick one!