samsung cdr/rw sw-248F

Thread: samsung cdr/rw sw-248F

Hybrid View

Question samsung cdr/rw sw-248F

I seem to have deleted my drivers as when i put a dvd in the computer it will not play and have been trying to find the drivers for it..it's a samsung cd-r/rw se-248F.(.hope that's the name of what i need)been searching for about a week now..can anyone tell me how where etc..thanks!my operating system is xp.

There are no 3rd party drivers required - XP comes with the drivers.

You may have a 'filters' issue or a bad dvd lamp.

For filters, follow the procedure detailed here;

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/314060

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by CCT View Post
    There are no 3rd party drivers required - XP comes with the drivers.

You may have a 'filters' issue or a bad dvd lamp.

For filters, follow the procedure detailed here;

http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx/kb/314060
    thanks for the info..will go there and give it my best shot!

Welcome to Windrivers dap106

You may have lost the DVD playing software - windvd or powerdvd are usually supplied with a computer...

When you put your dvd in, do you expect that the dvd automatically starts playing?
    If you go into my computer, and right click on the dvd (with a dvd movie in the drive) and click explore, do you see a couple of folders? Video_TS being one of them?

If so, your dvd drive is ok, you just lost the playing software.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Question

Quote Originally Posted by NooNoo View Post

You may have lost the DVD playing software - windvd or powerdvd are usually supplied with a computer...

When you put your dvd in, do you expect that the dvd automatically starts playing?
    If you go into my computer, and right click on the dvd (with a dvd movie in the drive) and click explore, do you see a couple of folders? Video_TS being one of them?

when i put dvd in it spins and all that but then nothing happens, i did all that my computer etc..so it seems i need the playing software..i was under the impression i could of deleted the drivers 'cause when I went to update them that didn't happen for me either!thanx 4 ur reply

hi!! it will play a cd..but when i put a dvd in and clicked explore and or expand there was nothing there..so does that mean i don't have dvd playing capabilities? what should i do ..?do i need to buy something? thanx!

You know, if I had checked the model number you provide for us, it would have saved alot of time. You have a CD drive, it has no DVD capabilities.

You should buy a DVD drive (it will also play CDs) and get one that comes with burning software and movie playing software - the retail packs mostly do.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

You know, if I had checked the model number you provide for us, it would have saved alot of time. You have a CD drive, it has no DVD capabilities.

You should buy a DVD drive (it will also play CDs) and get one that comes with burning software and movie playing software - the retail packs mostly do.
    thanks for your time ..i am an computer idiot!