Photoshop and cpus

Thread: Photoshop and cpus

Photoshop and cpus

Simple question.
    We have been building PCs for photographic use with Quad core 9650 cpus.
    We have never built with a Nehalem cpu.
    Which cpu would be better at handling Photoshop? Q9650 or i920, QX9650 or i940 (is it worth the price difference?).
    Either way we are looking at DDR3 memory, and either an ASUS P5Q3 Deluxe for the 9650 or an ASUS P6T for the Nehalem.
    Please dont suggest AMD instead. Long story, wont build with them, wont get drawn into an argument either!
    If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside.

Robert X. Cringely, InfoWorld magazine

How big are those pics?

Photoshop tested on those procs here

Whether a couple of seconds is worth the extra money who knows? But they use less power.
    Never, ever approach a computer saying or even thinking "I will just do this quickly."

Cheers Noo Noo.
    Time to take an i940 for a spin then. With a bit of extra cooling by all accounts.
    If the automobile had followed the same development cycle as the computer, a Rolls-Royce would today cost $100, get a million miles per gallon, and explode once a year, killing everyone inside.

Robert X. Cringely, InfoWorld magazine