Actual phone conversation:
Hello, I was just wondering where the *$#@! my documents are??? Customer with an attitude.
Well, as I told you when you picked it up, they are in a folder named “Old Stuff” under the User1 profile. You can either log on as User1 and put them where you like, or navigate to that folder from the User2 profile. Me, repressing an inward sigh.
(Sounds of furious clicking) Well, I don’t see it anywhere!!! Customer with an even greater attitude.
“Are you logging in as User1 or navigating to the User1 desktop folder named “Old Stuff”? I ask, knowing full well that she is logged in as User2 and not looking where I specified.
“No, all that is on the desktop is My Computer, Recycle Bin, Internet Explorer, and a shortcut to Nero.” Says customer venomously.
I sigh out loud, making sure the customer can hear me, and patiently explain “ Well, let’s try this: Log off and log on as User1 and look to the right side of the screen for a yellow folder named appropriately enough “ Old Stuff”.
Click, click, click… click, click… Never mind, I found it. Thanks anyways. Bye. ßSarcastically as possible.
Me, making a mental note to add extra $$$ to her bill the next time I have to re-image her laptop because her innocent little angel downloads so much virus laden pron that it won’t boot up anymore.