TSST Corp TS-L632D Won't Write Disks

Thread: TSST Corp TS-L632D Won't Write Disks

Unhappy TSST Corp TS-L632D Won't Write Disks

Ok, this drive is about to cause me to throw my laptop out of the window, so maybe ya'll can help.

I have a Dell Inspiron E1705, it is running Windows 7. It has the above mentioned DVD/CD Drive/Burner in it.

It will read and write MOST CDs without an issue. However I have about 6 spindles of Memorex Lightscribe CD-Rs. This drive will not burn or read them. I took all 250 to work and labeled them, and planned on burning them at home.

When I place one in the drive, it shows that there is a CD in the drive, and starts to read it, then Windows Explorer will totally lock up, if I hit the eject button, the computer goes back to running normally. It does this EVERYTIME I place one of these in the drive, regardless of if it is blank or already wrote. I've managed to get it to start writing the disk twice, both times it took nearly 10 minutes to write 189MB of data, then when it got to the end, it would lock the computer and I would have to eject the disk, then the system would tell me there was an error.

The disk are 52X speed. I also have Sony CD-Rs, Memorex DVD-Rs, both of which work fine, but are lower burn speeds. So my question is 1. What is wrong? 2. Is this a firmware/driver issue? 3. How can I resolve it?

Thank You!

Did you try burning at 4x or 6x

Drives that have problems with specific media sometimes benefit from firmware updates. Dell has one available for your drive here. It's intended to reduce noise, but might be worth a shot all the same. You might also try a lens cleaner on the drive. Finally, the drive could be headed for the last roundup.